Saab Link Forums banner

anyone dyno a nordic stage 4 viggen?

6K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  Jameson 
#1 ·
what kind of power are you guys putting down? what temp and what kind of dyno?

thanks!

#19 · (Edited)
Sorry, the 292hp/322tq WAS 18t 6cm2 with green giant injectors w/3.5 FPR, still with T7 cams + Nordic SW, but before the E85 SW and the larger injectors. Nick T. called the tune stage 3+, from what I've seen on the site here I guessed it's what's being called stage 4? I'll dyno the E85 soon. It feels significantly stronger, I'll post when I have.

Ambient temps the day we dyno'd around 75 degrees and we had 2 large fans cooling her down too.

#21 ·
Way back when, I was one of the first to get a stage 3+ tune from Nordic which is referred to as a stage 4 now. The tune did not work well on my car. My stock numbers were 227/270 give or take a few lbs. The stage 4 was 246whp and 305 torque. This was with 91 octane gas, with 93 I'm sure the numbers would have been higher. These are corrected numbers. They sent me another tune which worked much better, but I was never able to get it on a dyno, but from memory, the car was faster with the second tune. It did not hit as hard (less torque) and pulled longer, held boost better. That tune with 93 octane would probably be around 255whp, give or take (pure speculation). Their tunes now are probably even better, but Nick should chime in.

#23 ·
nordic has stages 1-3...

the rest is all called 3+ they don't beleive in numbers above 3 I was told :lol:
Nope, they use to call my car stage 3+, now its called 4.

Stg2 270HP and 295FtLbs (ECU, SaabSport Cat Back Exhaust, 3.5 Fuel Reg)
Stg3 290Hp and 317Tq (2+, Taliaferro 3in Racat/DP)
Stg4 310hp and 325Tq ( all of stg3 plus, Forge Intercooler and Turbo Intake pipe
Stgxx 400Hp Contact nick for details.

#29 ·
These, but you answered my question.
Nope, they use to call my car stage 3+, now its called 4.

Stg2 270HP and 295FtLbs (ECU, SaabSport Cat Back Exhaust, 3.5 Fuel Reg)
Stg3 290Hp and 317Tq (2+, Taliaferro 3in Racat/DP)
Stg4 310hp and 325Tq ( all of stg3 plus, Forge Intercooler and Turbo Intake pipe
Stgxx 400Hp Contact nick for details.

#30 ·
I think it just sounds better lol, I use to say stage 3+ and people looked confused. I have heard of tuned Supra's using +'s lol.

People are impressed after a race when I explain that all I have done is full exhaust , intercooler, inlet, and ecu. People hear stage 4 and think you must have a big turbo and injectors.

#36 ·
Hey guys,I know I am a few years late on this thread,but talking about tunes,I have a Viggen,with a B234R block swap with a B235R head,T5 cams,king cobra pipe and open air intake,full 3" exhaust,forged intercooler,green giant injectors and walbroo 255lph fuel pump but the turbo remains the 15T.,what stage goes with that hardware set up and what kind of numbers? Thanks.

#39 ·
Stick with stock clutch parts or mis-match with spec. It's all in the torque, some tuners give a balls to the wall torque spike which can cause the clutch to slip after a while. Some tune it so it feels like you are somewhat rolling on the gas-max torque hits higher in the rpm range.

#40 ·
This. Viggen disc and plate are totally fine as long as you're not a complete animal at red lights. I ran a stock Viggen setup for years with ~400 wtq, but I never took the car to the strip and drove like a constipated nun in 1st and second gears....

If you're worried, or if it's already slipping, swap in a SPEC or similar disc and just clean up the surfaces of the plate and flywheel.

#41 ·
Not mentioned here, but a 234 block and 235 head = lower CR, which will equal less HP.
The good news is that there's more room for boost w/o detonation, but the bad news is that it TAKES more boost to make the same power. (removing timing from the equation)

#43 ·
I know I'll never ever buy another SPEC product after trying to deal with them on a defective unit.

For me, I've always seen slip in higher gears around peak torque first. Like the others said, it depends on the tune, but I'd be more careful in higher gears near peak torque rather than at launch in lower gears. Of course rolling on slowly everywhere will make things last the longest...that's totally no fun though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.