Saab Link Forums banner

New help me

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  mike saunders 
#1 ·
Hello, I am on my 4th saab and have decided that this one needs some upgrading. 01 93 se. I have no idea where to start. any suggestions? I have been reading lots of posts but some of you guys are light years beyond me when it comes to the mods you have done. They sound great but I am at bare bones stock. My goal, more performance, i know, we all do. so tell me what to do and who sells what.

thanks
Quazi

#2 ·
What are you looking for performance wise? Straightline or corner racing? If you are looking for more handling, a very worthwhile upgrade is a rear swaybar. I have the 22mm from genuinesaab.com and I love it. Genuinesaab.com is your friend for upgrades ;)

#3 ·
Most definately a 3" downpipe will give you much better performance. The Open air intake on GS is LOUD, but doesnt really do much for performance. You could get an upgraded intercooler then go for a stage 3 ecu upgrade from Nordic

#18 ·
I'm guessing so....

and if so....

Many thanks for your 9000 page. It saved much pain and money over the years....

So.....an 01 9-3, eh? :cool:

You have an SE, so you almost certainly have the B205R engine with the Mitsu TD04HL-15T turbo (essentially the same center section as the 9000 Aero turbo, but with a slightly smaller exhaust hausing) You can get 300 bhp out of that mill with some tweaks

That said....

Handling is the immediate area of concern because the NG900/9-3 wallows through turns like a hippo on roofies. SRSLY.

The tip about the rear sway bar is on target, because that's a quick and cost-effective way to immediately improve corner response.

Moving up from that would be lowering the car and adding tighter dampers all of which will make the car faster through corners AND make it feel more "planted" when applying power in a straight line...

The tip about the downpipe is also pretty solid, as that will enable faster spooling and better flow at higher RPM...and give you a bit of a mileage bump too....

A 3" exhaust gives a nice throaty sound at idle -- nothing to disturb the neighbors -- but lets loose at WOT. It's a nice upgrade....

Hey...good luck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.