Saab Link Forums banner

Lowering springs and brakes

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  BluAero 
#1 ·
Yesterday I decided to take the 900 to the shop since it was making some funky noises in the front end. $300 later and I still need two more things. Lowering springs and front rotors and pads. My front passenger spring is cracked/broken. Damn potholes in Upstate,NY!! I'm glad I sold the alessio rims when I did. And the NG must have sat a while before I bought it and it sat this winter...well new brakes and rotors at 74k now im at 88k and I have rusty, shitty rotors now. So here's what I wanna do.

-Buy some brembo (stock) rotors with some good metallic pads
-Get lowering springs

Trying to not break the bank with everything, but I want quality. Suggestions on lowering springs with the stock struts/shocks and pad suggestions. I want springs that will complement the stock struts because I am not going to be able to put in new shocks anytime soon. Oh and I plan on doing the brakes with a friend so that will help with labor a bit. and the shop next to me will take two hours putting the springs in total. Thanks guys!

#4 · (Edited)
I do need a spring, but I figured I would upgrade. I would rather go with lowering springs than viggen springs. I was thinking the Eibach Pro Kit. They say it complements stock damnpers. other lowering springs vogtland and h & r say that it will be underdampened with stock shocks.

EDIT: I'm putting together a list of where I should buy all of these parts. If anyone knows where I can get the Eibach pro kit lowering springs kit or a good price for brakes(eeuro is best so far) it would be appreciated. I also want a pad that doesn't give me a lot of brake dust. TIA!

Also, What pads are you guys using? Comments?

#7 ·
go to
www.genuinesaab.com

get his rotors and pads (should total about $350-$400 for the sport slotted rotors and ceramic pads

get the Voigtland/Intrax springs he has. I have had them on my Tally since January of 2007 and haven't had any issues and i live in NH and use it all year through plus i drive through NY a lot to see my grandparents in Millbrook.
I am getting the Koni Dampers now as i want a little more but it is pretty good without it and drives/rides like a gocart.

#10 ·
Ben, thats what I probably will do, I just want all the parts already bought and in my possession before I go back on the 20th of December. I plan on doing all this work the 21st. I want to get it all done and enjoy the car before I have to go back in january. I plan on installing new brakes/pads,bleeding brakes, MP 3" dp, and lower it.

Anyone had any experience with EBC Red/Green stuff? I've heard good things about them. My brother had green stuff them on his car and they stopped pretty well.

I just bought a Haynes manual for my car also. I plan on doing a good amount of work to it before I go back to school in January.

#13 · (Edited)
Ok, so I've found Eibach pro-kits on the internet and they can be had for about $250. The problem is they are for 98-02 9-3's. I'm guessing these would not fit my 97 900. Maybe they would fit 98 900's because the suspension design was changed in 98?

Can someone clarify this for me? and/or find me Eibach springs for a 97?

EDIT: If I can't get Eibach's, I'm leaning toward the Koni Springs that nick sells.

#15 ·
I have greenstuff on my 9-3 and they are nowhere near the Redstuff on my 9000. I wouldn't bother with greens. I'll probably try either Hawk, or something that is low dust (the greenstuff are more dusty than my current set of Redstuff).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.