Saab Link Forums banner

swap question

756 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JZW 
#1 ·
i am picking up a 2.3 engine from one of the member on the board, to swap into my ng. the question i have for all of you is that i plan on replacing what i need to according to coopers sticky on the topic, but on the line of turbos, would it be worth the 250 to upgrade my tdo4 from the 15t to the 18t, or just go for a gt30 or gt28?

#2 ·
Depends on what you want from the car. An 18t will spool up a little faster than the small gt3071wg .64, have a little better mid to upper mid and then still be short on the top end. Increase a good 40bhp or so...

Gt3071wg .64ar would give you a little later spool-up, maybe 3500rpm or so in third gear for full boost and give you better mid to upper midrange and just a little top end with stock cams.

Get you around 100bhp or more....

I always liked the gt3071wg .64ar for a streetable turbo with pretty good punch and still very drivable on the street with the 2.3 motor.

You would probably have full boost in 4th gear by around 3200rpm with gt3071 and maybe 2750rpm or so with the 18t in 4th gear.

John

#3 ·
so if i went the gt3071 .64ar where would i look for one of those. i want more power of the engine, i just havent seen that turbo anywhere for less than 1100 i think. i just dont know if i can spend that much. also what would i be looking to spend on a tune to go with that. i would suspect that i need new injectors along with this. could i still use my saab sport, or would i need 3" all the way back?

#5 ·
You can check these two places for the turbo or do a google search. I got mine through atp turbo. You will need the siemans 630cc injectors, about 240.00 and a tune to go with it... You also need a decent front mount IC.

You would need the green giant injectors and tune to go with tdo4 18t anyway. Take you're pick...

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-025&Category_Code=GRT

Good Luck,

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.