Saab Link Forums banner

New turbo plus ceramic coating

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jonny72888 
#1 ·
step one, take out turbo

step two, switch over parts to new turbo

step three, clean and paint mani. (4 coats of paint)

step four, bake for 30min at 250 then 30min at 300 then 30min at 600, letting it cool down each time

step five, install.

i replaced my turbo with one that has 5k on it and while i had it all apart i put aa ceramic coating on the exhaust manifold.

See less See more
#7 ·
I tried some of that 2000F silica coating paint to try and get it keep things cooler in the engine bay. It looked pretty good for about 3 weeks and then by a couple to a few months it was all gone....:sad:

John

#9 ·
I did the whole thing by running the car 10 minutes, let it cool, then 20 minutes then cool, then full operating temp. Basically baking it on by using the car to heat it up. It was in the instructions on the can, either baking in the oven or baking it on in the car.

It lasted a little while, then slowly flaked off over time...

John

#10 ·
how did you prep it?
i washed it with acid and brake cleaner. then soaked it in soap and hot water and then a degreaser, then soap and water again with a wire brush til i had silver metal. i put 4 heavy coats on it to. ohwell we shall see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.