Saab Link Forums banner

Silicone Bend

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  slspf2 
#1 ·
Hey I'm attempting (with my mech) to get an aero td04 on my 9-3. The problem is the inlet and I need to figure out what angle to use for a silicone bend if I made one myself. She's been in the shop for about a month and I was finally told I needed a new part... so I'm a bit desperate.

Also if anyone has an tips on how to go about this that would be great... I have called many people about purchasing a T7 compressor housing but that piece seems to be eluding me. Thank you very much!

#5 ·
Sorry Scott, I thought I told you it would be a 90 degree bend. Just gotta make sure whatever you do for piping before the bend that you make sure all the BPV plumbing and PCV stuff and anything else T7 has going back into the intake finds its way in there.

We're you able to get a hold of Nick to talk to him?

#7 ·
Ok so stainless steel piping, a 90' bend from boostcontroller, and does anyone know how much piping I might need?

I have nothing to eyeball as my car is currently in the shop and my mechanic called and told me he did not know what to use... just trying to relay information to him so this can get done. Rental car fees suck ass

#9 ·
from memory...

You should be able to get away with a 90 degree reducing bend that goes from 3" down to whatever size the TD04 inlet is. Then buy a 3" 180 degree J-bend with like 18" legs, and a filter with a 3" inlet to put on the end. I bet that would work. If you want to keep the stock airbox I would honeslty think about using the stock cast pipe, and just cut off the end and find a 90 degree bend to go from there to the turbo inlet.

#10 ·
Well I spoke with the guy at boostcontroller and they have a reducing elbow from 3" to 2.5", but a single 3" 180' J-bend with 18" legs would be $600.

He has a 3" 180' aluminum pipe available with a 4.75" radius and 5" legs which would only be $40. Think this would work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.