Saab Link Forums banner

e85 or 92 Octane

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  JZW 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 Viggen, with the following mods; 3in dp, cobra intake pipe, new td04, intake, 2.5in exhaust with straight intermediate pipe, ETS intercooler. I'm thinking whether i should get the 3.5 bar fuel pressure regulator and go stage 4 ECU or some injectors and go e85 stage?? What would you guys suggest

#11 ·
My understanding of the E85 flex fuel tunes is that on gas, with your current hardware, you would have a stage 3+ and when you fill up with E85 you would be around stage 4 power. The Nordic E85 Flex Fuel tunes at that hardware level might require both injectors and 3.5 bar FPR becuase of this. Bottom line, ask Nick.

#12 · (Edited)
I talked with Nick about this in regards to my viggen (18T) , and it is not plug and play at all with staged ecu's. There is a hell of a lot involved in regards to our cars. I asked him about the injectors packs they sell, and if you have a stock car then it should work, if not then do not do it as the car would have to re-mapped and there isn't any off the shelf tunes for this yet except maybe maptun.
Hawaiian-what stage do you have?

#13 ·
Or you just custom tune it yourself like I did for my current e85/93 pump tune.

Once I get 750cc injectors I will most likely switch over to full e85 as my car is making a good bit more power with 35% e85. That puts me at about 100 octane.

There is quite a few maps to be delt with, but if you are tuning yourself, all the information is in the manual:wink:

John

#14 ·
Yes, but as he/we have a T7's and the program is not yet available, so us T7 guys are in the dark so to speak. You T5 guys that have been doing this now for a few months are very lucky. I would think that the learning curve will be very steep in regards to re-mapping a T7, as I'm sure it was/ is with the T5?

#15 ·
I'm running what Nick calls stg 4+ flex. Here is the list of eng. hardware.
GS Turbo back
forge fmic
GS stainless intake pipe
GS modded air box w/filter
18T 6cm2 TD04
3.0 bar FPR
Siemens 630cc injectors(had 3.5bar w/green giants until flex prog)
T5 cams
JE forged pistons
SPEC 2 clutch
forge bypass
aquamist 1s system(not hooked up since flex)

#20 ·
This makes me wonder if its true that less fuel is needed to make the same power at elevation. I am sure my dc is high, but really don't know how high it is right now.

The other draw back is that if you ever want to travel somewhere, the issue of finding e85 can be a real one.

I might just stick with 35% e85 to keep my octane up, egts a little lower and give myself a little more knock protection. The car is going faster on the clock and I want to get back on the dyno and see what it says about power and torque...

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.