Saab Link Forums banner

new intercooler on the Viggen!

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  pfb 
#1 ·
Just put a new intercooler on the Viggen!! Core is 21" x 10" x 3" :cool:

Here are pictures and more info if you're interested... I'm really happy with how it's turning out!

www.cardomain.com/ride/2875368/3

Sourced it from CXRacing part number AU-IC0055.

#3 ·
Thanks :) Its been a process... first had an MP perf intercooler, then did custom 2.5" piping, delivery and intake pipe upgrades, and finally now this to finish it off... Took about an hour to take off the MP unit and slap this one on there, still have some adjusting to do before its finalized, maybe another hour or two this afternoon, then the bottom protector bar thing will come later :)

#7 ·
I'll have let you know later on, I was out in the parking lot til 9pm last night finishing it up... planning to drive it to Boston this afternoon to get on a plane for vacation cause I don't want to pay to gas up the Trailblazer... I didn't even dare to start it last night, didn't want to push my luck!! :p

#6 ·
oh you're absolutely right, the MP unit was plenty big enough... my biggest gripe with it was that it didn't actually fit in the bumper cutout, half of it was crammed up and behind the bumper!!! So I was looking at it one day and thinking WTF good is it even doing if it's not in the cutout... In the end I sold the MP unit used for $270 or so and spent $170 on this unit... so it worked itself out. And unless I get a turbo off one of those giant diesel dump trucks or something, I'll never have to upgrade anything intake related again :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.