new intercooler on the Viggen! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
pfb
TSLMember

new intercooler on the Viggen!

Just put a new intercooler on the Viggen!! Core is 21" x 10" x 3"

Here are pictures and more info if you're interested... I'm really happy with how it's turning out!

www.cardomain.com/ride/2875368/3

Sourced it from CXRacing part number AU-IC0055.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Aero
Very nice!

How long did it take you to do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
pfb
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
Very nice!

How long did it take you to do?
Thanks Its been a process... first had an MP perf intercooler, then did custom 2.5" piping, delivery and intake pipe upgrades, and finally now this to finish it off... Took about an hour to take off the MP unit and slap this one on there, still have some adjusting to do before its finalized, maybe another hour or two this afternoon, then the bottom protector bar thing will come later

Old 07-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
How's it drive?
Old 07-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Looks good, the MP core shoulda had you covered good unless your running a really larger turbo.

Also that viggen bumper looks like its seen better days. I cringed when I saw those cracks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:47 AM   #6
pfb
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Looks good, the MP core shoulda had you covered good unless your running a really larger turbo.

Also that viggen bumper looks like its seen better days. I cringed when I saw those cracks.
oh you're absolutely right, the MP unit was plenty big enough... my biggest gripe with it was that it didn't actually fit in the bumper cutout, half of it was crammed up and behind the bumper!!! So I was looking at it one day and thinking WTF good is it even doing if it's not in the cutout... In the end I sold the MP unit used for $270 or so and spent $170 on this unit... so it worked itself out. And unless I get a turbo off one of those giant diesel dump trucks or something, I'll never have to upgrade anything intake related again
Old 07-02-2008, 03:51 AM   #7
pfb
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromer View Post
How's it drive?
I'll have let you know later on, I was out in the parking lot til 9pm last night finishing it up... planning to drive it to Boston this afternoon to get on a plane for vacation cause I don't want to pay to gas up the Trailblazer... I didn't even dare to start it last night, didn't want to push my luck!!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:39 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
I'll have let you know later on, I was out in the parking lot til 9pm last night finishing it up... planning to drive it to Boston this afternoon to get on a plane for vacation cause I don't want to pay to gas up the Trailblazer... I didn't even dare to start it last night, didn't want to push my luck!!
WAT?

The first thing I did after my IC & oil change on the Viggen, was to go test it out. You should see an amazing difference..

Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #9
pfb
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
WAT?

The first thing I did after my IC & oil change on the Viggen, was to go test it out. You should see an amazing difference..
i know i know, you're right... i worked on the $#@ing thing straight through for 4 hours after getting home from work, i was cut up and bleeding, hadn't had dinner, had trouble finding the size bolts that i needed... suffice to say I wasn't feeling my best! so I decided it would be in my best interest to call it a night..
Old 07-02-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
I don't see any problem with the little bit of space left in the cutout of the viggen bumper. Leaves plenty of space for a custom oil cooler since the stock one is crappy and isn't in the best place for air flow.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
looking good pete!

hows it been up in RI?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Elder

nice job. this is the core i'm gonna try and fit in my vert

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...ry_Code=IC11CH
Old 07-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
i know i know, you're right... i worked on the $#@ing thing straight through for 4 hours after getting home from work, i was cut up and bleeding, hadn't had dinner, had trouble finding the size bolts that i needed... suffice to say I wasn't feeling my best! so I decided it would be in my best interest to call it a night..
Um, so how's it pull?

Old 07-04-2008, 04:27 AM   #14
pfb
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
Um, so how's it pull?

let me qualify this answer by saying that I have NO dyno sheets to back any of this up...before, after or otherwise..

that said...

it #@$%ing HAULS ASS!!!!!

I'm still having some issues with surging and that sort of thing so I didn't hammer the hell out of it, but I hit a nice 19psi in second gear coming out of the apartment it just felt CLEAN, thats the best way to put it... like there was nothing standing between me and where I was going... except that intersection down the street...
Old 07-04-2008, 04:28 AM   #15
pfb
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggenkid View Post
looking good pete!

hows it been up in RI?
hanging in there! how about you? are we gonna get something together for the CT/RI crowd soon or what??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in