Saab Link Forums banner

Holy WOW!

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Elmo 
#1 ·
so after a 4 hour battle including 30 minutes getting the bumper beam out, and a good hour getting the drivers side hose on.

the ets ic is in! and no pounding the bumper support to boot.

the holy hell is because...wow my car is faster. that piece of shit bent stocker must have been seriously holding back, im boosting a good 2 needle widths further, and am basically on the black gap between yellow and red, and it just pools, and spools faster than before. its great! i think the car is fully healthy now.

the oil cooler tube was mildly bent to so i bent it back plus it gave me a little more wiggle room for the core.

See less See more
#8 ·
Tikka I think we figured it out to be the locating pin. Having only had my bumper off the rail once when switching to the viggen cover I never saw the pin on the front side.

Good work man. I thought the same thing when I got the MP core I picked up from Paul (T@llPum@). Hopefully you'll get your oil cooler replaced sooner then later. When you do it I suggest you get an oil pressure gauge as I'm sure right now your oil pressure is getting hurt by the detriment to your cooling capacity. I know that after a few hard pulls it can take quite a bit of time to get my oil temps back down based on my pressure while cruising.

#9 · (Edited)
Man that looks great! Just about the entire length of the core is in the airstream and that looks like a nice fit! Glad to hear the car is performing well and you got it on without too much trouble. Enjoy:cool:

P.S. You can raise the license plate holder by flipping it upside down so that it sits higher and more open space is available for the hole in the bumper so more air can get to and through the ic...

Like this:
John

Attachments

#10 ·
yeah im thinkin about movin the plate but not sure. its definetly 10 times better already.

im gonna leave the oil cooler for now until i can go aftermarket...a new factory is over 300 bucks.

right now im more worried about he rust under the wing.

#14 ·
I already kinda regret letting mine go but I wasn't in a position to do more tuning...still not. SRP is now the owner of mine.

Looks great, having had one I couldnt believe that you were about to let it go. Glad you stuck with it, as I am sure you are too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.