Saab Link Forums banner

disco potato now cooking under the hood of my 9-3...

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  a12 
#1 ·
Boosting around 22 psi-This thing flies!Wheel spin is very easy to accomplish:)))).I had some problems getting it going-no fault of the hardware,it was my own stupidity,but now the thing rocks.
current setup:
sqr (stage ?) ecu about- 22 psi max boost
volvo green injectors
jt 3" dp w/v-band adapter welded on.
gt28rs turbo with v-band adapter
turbo xs type-h rfl bov
viggen remus 2.5" exhaust
viggen clutch (hope it holds) :lol:
viggen intercooler (mp performance i/c when they are done)
ngk bcp-7es plugs
coolant bypass
I think that's it for the engine.Not a straight swap,but worth the aggravation.I will post pictures when I get a chance.

#4 ·
I wish I could answer that question-it's really hard to look at the greddy boost gauge when I'm driving on sandy,icy roads here in CT with buckets of torque steer and wheel spin! :lol:
I will try to determine that if I can but the spool up is very quick.At first it is not very quick,but I'm guessing maybe when it hits about 4000 rpm,it pretty much shoots up to 7000.It's very fast.
I hit fuel cut once ERP,do you know why that is?It was at like 22-23 psi.Maybe I have to adjust my wastegate actuator a little bit?Thanks.

#10 ·
Somebody take pics, or a video clip. I'd love to see this. 8)

#15 ·
Yeah-I left a rag in my intercooler-pretty dumb,huh?Ricot83,you are funny as hell-I will try to make it this wed.Maybe I will leave work early.I have some pictures I will post soon and I will see what I can do about video.

#18 ·
a12 said:
I got the injectors brand new from group9performance$400 for a set. :shock:
For only 4?

#21 ·
I would not have bought them unless I needed to -they were a necessity in order to work with the sqr ecu.If you look at theirstage packages,the higher ones (4 or 5 I think) call for volvo green injectors.Yeah,that price knida pissed me off a little bit. :evil:
Hopefully I'll get some pics on here soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.