Saab Link Forums banner

Gear lever shake???

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  amish_geek 
#1 ·
Hi guys, when i rev my car high and change gear, my gear lever shakes as i accelerate in the next gear. It does seem to be getting worse. Any idea what the problem is?

#4 ·
If you are not getting wheel shake along with the lever shake, I wouls strongly suspect motor mounts before axles. I fabbed up this torque damper and bracket after upgrading to the GS tranny and right side motor mounts to save my stock rear mount. Benefits have been no popping out of gear and near complete elimiation of lever shake:

Details on how I constructed the bracket to adapt the torque damper are here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2666481/2

#7 ·
One good way to tell if your motor mounts are broken/sloppy...

Put it in 2nd gear, take your hand off the shifter, and go WOT from ~2000rpm to 4000rpm and let off hard. Watch how far your shifter moves, that is how much slop is in your motor mounts and means your engine is torquing back and forth.

My shifter in my NG moves 4-5". I need new motor mounts bad.

I also have questionable/blown rear shocks. I never noticed how bad that car rides until I got the C900's from Jessop. Switching from the SPG to my NG feels like I'm floating in a pool of jello as I go down the road. It also doesn't help that my throttle is sticking on that car either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.