Saab Link Forums banner

Forge Piston Diverter Valve

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Saabeh 
#1 ·
#5 ·
a lot of vw guys run the forge 007s in reverse. Supposedly it holds boost a little better.

Anyways, when you flip the intake ports you will get a metallic "pshwink" sound when you shift.

Ive been running mine that way for a year now and love it.

#17 ·
So I asked this before, but why does one buy a diverter valve with different springs? I understand the concept, but I have a viggen holding around 20-22 psi give or take and I have the hyperboost shorty which comes with one spring and it works great. Seems like a hassle getting one with all these springs/shims as there are many threads pertaining to what spring should one install. Then there are people like vigge who are running the stock bosch unit.

#19 ·
The one thing that I have never understood about running it backwards is that it is not only pushing up against a spring under boost. There is a vacuum line there supplying the exact pressure that the boost is. The reason why the spring is there is because the initial boost is not into the intake manifold yet, so the vacuum line is slower to respond.

I feel like running it backwards would be a negligible difference because of the fact there is spring tension plus equal pressures on both sides.

But at the same time, I can imagine high boost cars running backwards would be a better, safer method. Although my car is running 24psi, I have the lightest spring in the valve and it is not positioned backwards, I do not get any boost leaking from it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.