lower end assembly - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

lower end assembly

could you guys give me some advice.the machine shop is boreing my cylnders to 90.5 to fit the gsab je pistons.my questions.

the rods in the 234 are the same as the 235 only stronger,so i CAN use the 234 rods in the 235 without a problem correct?

since im using the 234 rods i must order the 234 pistons.

as for ordering the rod bearings.all i must do is order the 234 bearings? or how would i go about doing that?

as far as i am concerned the crank is the same and the only difference is the head of the rod?...bearings are the same.
last but no least i have a book called the 1998 to aug 02 (R to 02)petrol and diesel saab 9-3 owners workshop manual by haynes
is this the right book or closest to use when dong the oil pump and timing gears for the viggen.thanks for your time

Last edited by itsaviggn; 06-23-2008 at 06:37 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in