Saab Link Forums banner

Performance Plans for my 9-3

2K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  ricot83 
#1 ·
Got some performance plans for the 9-3 that will be pretty exciting when done! Looking to stay in the 250-270HP+ range and to have a new MP Downpipe, MP upgraded Intercooler, Intake and ECU work done. I will post pics as I get everything done and installed and hopefully dyno slips to back it up. :twisted: :twisted:

Over all parts review so far (will post more reviews as I recieve or use parts):
1. MP Performance Downpipe w/cat - This is an excellent product and has extremley clean and perfect beads on the welds. Can't wait to get it on the car and feel the power!!!!

So now the question is when do the SoCal SAAbers goto the track to run some 1/4's to check some times and have some fun!!!!!

#28 ·
270-275 wheel hp... or crank... also steve let me know how much torque as this is my only concern... hp means nothing to me as i am sure i will hit the numbers i am aiming for without an ecu so all i want to know is how much torque your auto tranny will have to deal with on a regular basis so i can work off this... the ecu, well i may or may not be getting this as i dont know what i will be doing if my torque numbers are higher than i want them to be

#29 ·
MAptun says on autobox you can go to 400 nm torque, and they limit the torque there. But you can still have the same max HP as a manual ecu tune, just less torque.. hope that helps...

some other tuners suggest around 370-380 NM as max torque.

so looks like I have the green light to go stage 3+ intercooler. :lol:

#32 ·
Ricot and Abdukted,

I will let MP tell you guys all about the product when it gets out as far as the tuning and who/what is invoolved. As for the Torque numbers I have not seen the exact number yet but my guess is that it will be right in that 370-400NM mark on a stage 3 tune which is where my car will be at.

Ricot I know you don't care about the HP numbers but they do matter to a degree and that is because you may get close to those numbers without ECU tuning but I gauruntee that your Air/Fuel is going to suffer and you will be fuel depriving your motor at some point. The 270HP is going to be crank with the 18-20% drivetrain loss that will leve it a respectable 245-250HP to the wheels. If you talk to Nordic, Maptun or SQR you will see this is right in line with their numbers as well. Most tuners only pull 40HP Stage1, 45-50 Stage 2 and 50-55HP on a stage 3 Autobox SE HOT so the chip that MP is doing should give a little bit more than that in a stage 3. I will let you know for sure when I do the dyno runs on it after I get it back.

Abdukted ----- Yeah thats gonna be a green light on the Stage 3 intercooler. I have the MPPerformance IC going onto my car and I have to say it is very clean and well put together and should flow way better tahn my Vigg IC. Trust me that you will see 60-100MPH videos and standing stop to 100Mph videos of my car once it is tuned so you can get an idea of what were dealing with on the Autobox.

#33 ·
dude i am just saying in general of course they matter i am WORRIED about torque... my a/f ratio should b fine as well which again is why i want to go to the dyno in may.. more so to see how the a/f is than anything else

i know who the tuner is that is making the actual program and they know their stuff as well.
i should b around 270-285 i think when i am done here but i could care less. if my a/f ratio is no good then i will get an ecu and re-dyno the car and check again what the a/f is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.