Saab Link Forums banner

Fuel Pressure Gauge

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  NahumCC 
#1 ·
Is anyone in here running a fuel pressure gauge in there cabin... i wanna install one so im able to read my fuel pressure under a load while driving... any help would be appreciated... thanks

#2 ·
You don't want one in the cabin unless it has the safety regulator piece.

I just T'd off the main fuel line and ran a 1.5' section of fuel line to my fuel pressure gage and ran it under the hood and put it under the wiper blade and faced it toward me inside the car. This way I could read it under full load and boost!

My first bad fuel pump showed my fuell pressure was fine until about 20psi of boost and then as I would pass 20psi of boost, the fuel pressure would fall back the other way and fall from 65psi of fuel pressure to 40psi of fuel pressure by 25psi of boost!!!

New fuel pump and whalla, 65-70psi all the way to 28psi of boost:cool:

John

#3 ·
what did you do to fix it john? just install the walboro then it was magically better? i just did that... i dont think i could have installed anything wrong but for shits lets say i did... what could have i installed wrong that still allowing my car to run but shitty out around 5 psi? any ideas?

#5 ·
Its pretty easy to kink the line and that will do it too!!! My second pump I had crimped the line while installing the pump, had bad fuel pressue and just started at the pump and checked every foot all the way to the fuel rail. I found 3 places that had small kinks. I was able to get two out by playing with the line and crimping it back straight with needle nose plyers. The first one I had to cut the kink section off and re-connect it using a flare tool and a heat gun so that I did not re-kink the line...

John

#4 ·
Since fuel pressure is referenced to manifold pressure/vac it is hard to tell if you are loosing a couple PSI at xx boost. On the dyno we log fuel pressure and manifold press. This way it is possible to look through the text data and do simple math to know within .1psi where we stand.

FuelP is labeled OilP here in this example.

#8 ·
yes will be much revealing that way, but meant basically if you wish to run it analog gauge, then why not get the most out of it.
Personally I dont log fuel pressure after I checked it, afr will tell the same story pretty much in conjuntion with VE map.

#9 ·
well i've been having issues with my car... http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29603 ... and im just going to one by one cancel stuff out and hooking up a fuel pressure gauge to monitor under a load is the first step my tuner has told me... then if that doesn't show anything, undo the dp at the turbo and run it down the road quick and see if that makes the problem go away and if that doesn't do it while its off unhook the w hose to see if my turbo even boosting properly?

#10 · (Edited)
Bump.........maybe thinking about the Prosport Premium fuel pressure gauge. How would I go about being able to install the sensor to be able to read the pressure.

This is the sensor used for their gauge.

JZW I know you've got one. Could you put up some pictures and possibly a write up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.