Saab Link Forums banner

225 45 17 vs 225 35 17

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sleet 
#1 ·
im looking at a set of rkII's to buy, and i was wondering if i would run into any problems if i ran 35s instead of 45s on the wheels?

Thanks

#7 ·
if you increase the wheel diameter then lower sidewalls will look good, but if you have the same size wheels, its just going to leave more open space in the wheel wells and look like a car you would see in my local Mexican-American (maybe) populated neighborhood.

#9 ·
i get a little bit of rubbing with koni kit and my rkII's on my 99 9-3 vert. i use 225-45-17 some have stated no rubbing and some have. depends on the tires and i think the reason mine rub (fuzion zri) are because of the curb protector style. it sticks out little more and so im looking for a decently priced summer tire with a flush mount no curb protector really. the tires im looking into maybe trying to get in near future after i can sell all the tires i have now are sumitomo HTR Z III. but anyways, i would not go lower than a 40 sidewall. i say no to 35. 40 or 45

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.