Saab Link Forums banner

best Place to buy brake pads

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Champ 
#1 ·
I need brake pads for the Track Day on Monday.

where can I buy EBC Reds?

#5 ·
found out the local Two Harbors auto value (formerly bumper to bumper) has EBC and Hawk pads in their catalog. My buddy Cody that works there called his suppliers and they couldn't find any fronts for my 97 saab 900. (They said the latest they had fronts for was 1993).

Looking at the redstuff on autopartswarehouse, I realized the pads are the same as the 9-3 and 9-5 for my fronts... and their parts catalog probably doesn't know that :)

So Cody's now calling about the part numbers for those pads... should know shortly whether I can get them. (should arrive by friday, and I don't pay shipping if they have them in the warehouse).

#7 ·
Amish, I doubt you'll find them in stock anywhere. I've bought 4 sets of EBC pads and I've had to wait around a month for each order.

I'd really just suggest getting the Hawks from Nick.

And do NOT, I repeat DO NOT give your money to autopartswarehouse. They were the first place I bought EBCs from, they said they were in stock and it took well over a month. There was no tracking numbers or info from them. Don't use them.

Keep in mind, Topher, Champ and others have said that this is not a brake intensive track.

#13 ·
He owns a modified Saab. Comes with the territory :D

also, cash stored in a sock drawer can't be spent as freely as money tied to a debit card.
Yep. Banks LOVE you to use a debit card because it's not like 'real money' and before you know it you've spent more than you wanted to. I have recently moved to an all-cash system, leaving the debit at home and carrying one credit card for just-in-case.

#15 ·
personally i use Akebono full ceramic! amazing pad! no noise or dust and amazing stopping power! these are paired with EBC slotted and dimpled rotors.
i ordered them on some website, can't think of the name off the top of my head but i recieved them in a week!

Casey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.