Saab Link Forums banner

Spec stage 3 disk/viggen PP

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  GenuineSaab 
#1 · (Edited)
I got the tranny off today and the clutch looked a little glazed to me...

Some Pics:

John

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It had a season of drag racing on it and it was a new flywheel 2k ago, the disk was marginal then.

Maybe 8k total.... Its that 400wtrq plus that took its toll...

Maptun said I need a spec stage 3+ for the power level I am at now.

John

#8 ·
Yea, she was in rough shape... I am surprised it was holding as well as it did with it looking so bad...

I just got the new clutch in the car and the tranny back on the car, bled the slave on the bench and got a good bit of air out of it. Now I can't seem to get that last little bit of air out of the system. The pedal goes in about half way or 4-5" before it engages, probably just enough to drive it.

I have tried vacuum from the bleeder on the top of the tranny and pressure from the resivior, but get mostly air out of the bleed nipple, not straight fluid, not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to get that last bit...

John

#14 ·
I made a new cap with nipple last night and sealed it with goop and pressure bled it from the resivoir. I was only getting small amounts of fluid out the bleed nipple, but by cycling the pedel in between pressure cycles, it got much better and has almost immediate resistance.

It actually feels really nice now, sooooooooo much better than the cable. If its working right, this is going to be heaven with that aggressive spec presure plate:cool:

This has been a lot of work converting the cable to hydraulic, but now that its almost done, I am glad I did it...

I have taken my time this swap, a few to 6 hours a day and doing lots of resting and thinking... Itstead of just hammering it out and feeling like I got hit by a mac truck the next morning:cool:

I bench prested the tranny in place again, that is a fun one;) I actually got lucky and it clicked it in on the 4th try...

I can't wait to try this shorter gear box, just the subframe and dp to go...

John

#16 ·
Does not look like you can replace the flywheel insert piece, is that flywheel turnable? If not, that really sucks! You have glaze as bad as me...

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.