Drag racing the ng900 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
JZW
Elder

Drag racing the ng900

Tried to see what the new turbo would do on the track and it immediately took the clutch out. You can hear it let loose in second gear and then re-grab and spin the tires. 13.4 at 118mph

Check it:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D...900_161441.htm

John
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
You crazy saab driving drag racing fool that was pretty tight. You need to get some better tires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
Elder

Lot of lead up video.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to HIDSPG
real nice.....I wish I could pound my 900 like that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Adrenaline406
holly shit, you cranked out 60 incredibly fast.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:55 AM   #6
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Lot of lead up video.
I know, I need to read up on my movie maker editing abilities....

Just wanted to get it up and on the board.

John
Old 05-15-2008, 04:24 AM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline406 View Post
holly shit, you cranked out 60 incredibly fast.
i think that was mostley wheel spin. but if he got traction i bet 0-60 would be pretty quick.

Stg. no go
My transmission boggles minds!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 AM   #8
JZW
Elder

It went from clutch spin to wheel spin" to hooked... I am going to have to make the move to slicks. Just need a 8" wide rim that is 15" so I can fit the 26x10.5x15 slicks I want to run. That with some lowered boost in first and second gear and I will gain a full second by most people's account of how much better you do when you swap from drag radials to slicks...

Spec stage 3 pressure plate, new 6 puck and new spec center flywheel piece.

John
Old 05-15-2008, 04:59 AM   #9
Elder

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

What if you had started with a coupe?

Old 05-15-2008, 05:12 AM   #10
JZW
Elder

I can only dream I sure wish I had, the vert was available at a good price when I started modding and now I have so much time and energy in it, its hard to squash all that to return to a hard top... Its heavy fo shoo....

John
Old 05-15-2008, 06:31 AM   #11
JK
Elder

Your car is fast John!
Old 05-15-2008, 06:53 AM   #12
Elder

really nice car. impressive numbers.. imagine if both your clutch and tires hooked up right away?
Old 05-15-2008, 06:56 AM   #13
JZW
Elder

I know, if the clutch would have held, that should have been a 12 second run, I am going to lower the boost in first and second and I have a spec pressure plate coming soon.

The next step is to find some 8" wide rims so I can get some 26x10.5x15 slicks on the car. I might have to go 14" rims to get room for the side-wall and so the slicks do not hit the fender wells...

John
Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #14
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
really nice car. impressive numbers.. imagine if both your clutch and tires hooked up right away?
The trap speed is good for 11's, but that dang traction issue.... The Honda guys were telling me the slicks would be good for a full second, that would put me right in the low 12's to high 11's... We shall see....

John
Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 AM   #15
Flirting With TSL Addiction

hell yeah man. 118mph thats awesome, thats a low 12 second trap
Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #16
SAAB Road Master

John that is bad ass!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #17
Elder

thats amazing...
is your setup still being put on the 9000 instead of the vert?
JP

Old 05-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #18
JZW
Elder

Swapping the motor and set-up to the 9k would be the smart move, no roll bar or cage needed until below 11.49, its just all the time and energy to make such a swap.

I have thought of doing a cheap run on my cse. Put in a holset and just see what it will take and then rebuild it, but I might just do the roll bar in the mean time because the car is so much closer to the end of my goals.

John
Old 05-15-2008, 08:33 AM   #19
TSLMember

Is this run w/ the .64 turbine housing on the 3076 or the .86? Anyway, good pass. what clutch did you have in it on this run?
OT: is that a Greddy turbo timer I see there under the radio?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 AM   #20
JZW
Elder

This was the gt3076 .86ar turbine. Clutch was second year on viggen pressure plate with spec stage 3 6-puck disk.

Will get new spec stage 3 6puck disk with spec pressure plate.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in