Saab Link Forums banner

Koni Sport Kit, or other suspension setup?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jonny72888 
#1 ·
so im thinking about going with the Koni Sport Kit here in a few weeks... Just wondering a few things... Does anyone have pictures with the kit installed on a non- viggen 9-3? (or wannabe viggen for that matter.. haha)

also- what are thoughts on this kit? it appeals to me b/c its all koni- therefore i'd expect it to be pretty well matched spring/damper wise... the GS coilovers sound awesome but for a daily driver they are just overkill.

at 760ish the koni sport kit seems like a steal to me... but maybe there is another better solution out there- just lookin for some feedback...

#4 · (Edited)
i personaly hate the koni springs had them fitted two hours removed them and fitted h&r's much better ride and handling and much safer, they didnt just give you understeer hell. that was with koni adjustables i have the set quite stiff and ride is still fine if a bit soft so im looking for some stiffer springs now. the best springs i had by a mile were abbott racing ones the handling and ride was spot on and sharpened the steering responce up no end. i changed these as they didnt lower my viggen any more than 5-10mm though would be more like 20-25mm or more on a normal 9-3. im not totaly convinced by the koni shocks either i may go billies and give them a try.

#6 ·
the problem is koni springs are very cheap and vary alot from batch to batch, i had a very bad set others arnt so bad but even if you get a good set they arnt the best but i spose you get what you pay for really. as for the actual shock they go stiff dont get me wrong but your only adjust the rebound the bound is a little soft for my liking.

#7 ·
These are with the Voigtland Springs only. i find those with the stock struts give great handling and very nice ride for daily driving. Lowers the car the perfect amount in my opinion. Love em. and at $200? for the set couldn't complain.

ignore the canoe. lol

#8 ·
I'll throw my hat into the ring and say I can't wait to get my Viggen Springs with Bilsteins on the new NG.

Nowhereman's car looks great, and in person looks better, but honestly its too low for a DD for where I live. There is a really bad road I have to drive at least twice a day and while I love the look... I don't have a skidpan and wouldn't want to risk it.

The Viggen springs are 3/4" drop over the stock 9-3SE Suspension. Compare that with a 1.5" with most aftermarkets. I'm hoping the stiffer coil will compensate some for the 3/4" drop on the NG. I'm waiting on a warranty replacement for a Bilstein, great service no questions asked... I blew it on a bad pothole in Montreal a few years ago, something to be said for that too.

I had the Koni's on my old 99 9-3 and they were nice, but I couldn't really bothered to adjust them all that often... I just drove on halfway... may as well get the bilsteins...

Oh and I always cheap out and put 34$ KYB's on the back ;)

#9 ·
Nowhereman's car looks great, and in person looks better, but honestly its too low for a DD for where I live.
Too Low... Bah... no such thing. lol.. you should see the driveway i drive into everyday and the Speed Humps i have at work. lol.. the car clears them fine.

Sure there are some bad roads though and without skid plates yeah wouldn't be very fun on dirt or any serious pot holes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.