Saab Link Forums banner

What Next? FMIC or Downpipe?

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  NickTurbo900 
#1 ·
So it's time for the next mod, to the viggen. Currently it's got the GS intake and Forge BPV should the next mod be FMIC or Downpipe and if DP is it worth it to go with the V2 over the V1? I was kind of leaning towards the FMIC due to the fact that I feel like I experience heat soak quickly already and i think a DP would just contribute to that....opinions

#2 ·
Its a tough one.

The IC in the Viggen is barely adequate for stock, heatsoak can be an issue.

The upgrade will not be a "power" upgrade, but it will be a driveability upgrade.

The DP is a power upgrade, you get sound too. Its pretty much the biggest bolton upgrade at this stage with no software.

So it depends on your priorities.

You will really feel the bang for your buck with the DP but it will likely exacerbate your cars weak OEM IC even further.

#17 ·
no one cares about usability or how long that extra power will last when heatsoak sets in? geeze. yes it gives instant gratification but think of it this way. you do the FMIC you really don't see any return other than getting power longer. that will motivate you that much more to save the money to get the extra power the DP offers and you end up with that quicker and then with the FMIC it works better and longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.