Saab Link Forums banner

1996 900SE w/ 300mm rear brakes-doable?

922 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GenuineSaab 
#1 ·
Car is a 1996 GM900 with the Aero front brake set-up.

Went to the GS website and noticed that the 300mm rear brakes are doable for a 1997 GM900.

Can the 300mm rear brakes be retro-fitted to a 1996 GM900?

What other parts do I need to source?

Thanks!

#2 ·
ive fitted some to a my96 900. if you find that you have the earlier small brakes then you will need the stub axles off a later 900. its unlikely though as if the 308mm front brakes fit then you must have the matching later rear brakes also.

#3 ·
It can be done, you just need the rear hubs off a later 97-98ng900 or early
9-5.

People have done these and I priced the rear hubs from a 9-5 for about 125 bucks. Nick knows all the details.
John

#4 ·
Easy as pie.

Like other said, you will need to find the hubs which thankfully are assemblies. So you wont need to press fit them on and off.

Find any 97+900 or 9-3. remove the brake Bull ish to make them lighter, and just undo the 4 bolts where they meet the axle. Unplug, and tap them out.

Just remember you will need to cut your dust shield too. Dip, has a great write up, so does PhilipHS. And both Bullseye and myself have a small thread on the subject.
http://www.viggenfactfile.de/brakes4.html

To find out if you have the smaller hubs, find a used 9-5 or later 900/9-3 used brake rotor and see if it fits on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.