MP Rear Sway - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to citronxbeige
MP Rear Sway

I am trying to install the rear sway fromMP and when i was removing 3 of the 4 bolts' heads just snapped right off...what should i do??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
Elder

Get new bolts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-12-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

Sounds like you are going to have to get out the drill and drill the broken bolts out. I dont see another solution if the heads snapped off.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
You can goto the local autoparts store and ask for a bit called an "Easy Out" this will be your best friend if you have a drill that haas reverse on it. It works even if you dont have reverse but you have to crank it by hand.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I had the same thing happen to me. you should be able to tap them out with a nailset or pointy chisel if you have one.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #6
Elder

Ohhh the bolts got stuck in the sway bar, OK.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:08 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
haha yeah RCM i was like obviously he has to get new bolts but hows that guna help get them out haha!

get some good grade a bolts!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:45 PM   #8
ERP
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ERP
Can you get the stock sway bar off? These bolts break all the time so we provide new mounting hardware with our sway bars. Did you receive new mounting bolts?
1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
Old 01-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #9
SAAB Road Master

i got new bolts but i havent gotten the stock one off yet...i didnt really give it much effort because i heard its gona be relly nice outt omrorow so i figured ill jsut wait til then...ill let you guys know how it goes tomorrow, thanks for all the replies
Old 01-19-2005, 07:58 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to JABM
Wait a minute....I didn't get new hardware with my MP swaybar (which arrived about a week and a half ago) and all 4 of my stock bolts snapped....what gives?

(one of the mounting tabs on the swaybar also had some middleschool-level welds on it....not sure how I feel about that
Old 01-19-2005, 08:36 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
i think you should bring that up with MP personaly
Old 01-19-2005, 08:43 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to ricot83 Send a message via MSN to ricot83
my sway bar was fine when i got it... u should talk to them about that not here
Old 01-20-2005, 05:03 AM   #13
Elder

citronxbeige did you get the bar off?

Old 01-20-2005, 08:24 AM   #14
SAAB Road Master

yeah i got it off and from there the installation took no more than a half hour. but damn, getting those things off was a bitch....well worth the trouble tho, this thing rocks when u whip it through the turns
Old 01-20-2005, 08:27 AM   #15
Elder

Yeah I got to get my hands on one. Waiting for the cost to fall again

Old 01-20-2005, 08:30 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Glad to hear you got it all set and installed. Is your car lowered also? Just curious if it makes more difference on a lowered car Vs. a stock height car?

Old 01-20-2005, 08:56 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to ricot83 Send a message via MSN to ricot83
lol rob dont get your hopes up... at the price they r at right now u r stealing... it makes a huge difference.. and if the car is lowered then even less body roll
Old 01-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #18
SAAB Road Master

my car is lowered 1.4" with intrax and i feel like they are settling even lower, with the springs, wide tires (on 8" rims) and the rear sway i feel a huge difference from stock. i cant tell if the sway would be different on stock ride height because it was lowered before the rear sway. nonetheless i feel a difference with the mp sway mostly when im driving it hard through the twisties
Old 01-20-2005, 12:19 PM   #19
Elder

I got stock height so if I get it I will let you all know...

Old 01-20-2005, 01:21 PM   #20
Elder

Well with the good price they are offering them at I will just have to pick one up myself and try it out before I lower my car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in