stock SE muffler vs. Flowmaster ? - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #21
SAAB Road Master

I guess the only problem that might be effecting performance would be the bottle neck effect at the stock muffler because everything else is 3" pipes. Once again, AFAIK, only stock, OE mufflers are alowed for saabs here in Germany. Thats why I have to have the original muffler on the car. Not my choice, just the LAW!

Last edited by 93nut; 05-20-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #22
JZW
Elder

Yea, we live with what we can work with and I was not arguing with you, more the other people that were saying the stock muffler is just fine.

I thought the ferrita was ok since Maptun sells them, what about borela?

Is it just for inspection? Can you run stock for inspection, then bolt up a ferrita or something for the rest of the year or two?

I have to put my stock ecu, full cat dp in and stock fuel injectors to pass emmisions here in my state, Colorado USA. Then after I pass I have two years before it has to be tested again. I then put the big fuel injectors back in the car, the free flow dp and tuned ecu with lots of timing and fuel...

Good luck,

John
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #23
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post

Its an easy thing to test. Take a tech2...
So easy! I have like three tech2's in my garage!

Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #24
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
So easy! I have like three tech2's in my garage!

Same here.

I use one to prop the door open when I paint.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #25
SAAB Road Master

Inspection is every 2 years and yes I did just put the stock muffler on only for inspection. I had to buy a new OE muffler this year for inspection because my original was rusted out with holes. It's pretty easy to swap them, 2 bolts and three hangers. I have the Flowmaster muffler welded to a section that matches the pipe fittings so it bolts up just like the stock muffler. I live in a gated neighborhood and the Flowmaster was starting to get me dirty looks by the older people on my block. I think I own the oldest car in my neighborhood. . As for after market mufflers that are allowed for Saab here in Germany, Hirsch has the market cornered all by itself. Damn near 400 Euros just for thier muffler so I can have legal paper work is not worth it to me. I ran the Flowmaster all year anyway but if I wreck on the Autobahn and they do thier manditory inspection of my car, I will get [email protected]#*ed for every aftermarket piece of equiptment that I don't have GERMAN paperwork for. OUCH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in