Saab Link Forums banner

oil return line for td04 swap

5K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeremy R. 
#1 ·
#10 ·
its just the oil return kit for any t7 with a td04.

Nice to not have a leaky setup there eh?

That an oversized wix filter on there? I think the one I usually buy has a different #.
very nice!! no more spots on the driveway:D

the filter is a 1515 which i think its 51515 for wix's part #. its big! my car holds 6qts. of oil.

#14 ·
Cool. Though I have a question of my own :D

My brother and I did a TD04 swap on his NG, the oil return pipe made for a wicked close fit. We had to cut off some of the end and it looks really weird. It doesn't leak a whole lot, maybe just enough to cover it, but there was about a 1/2 inch to about 1/4 inch of space between the oil return on the engine and turbo.

It works, but I want to know how every one else did it. We also tried to use the return pipe that fit into the oil pan, but it was too small.

#15 ·
Cool. Though I have a question of my own :D

My brother and I did a TD04 swap on his NG, the oil return pipe made for a wicked close fit. We had to cut off some of the end and it looks really weird. It doesn't leak a whole lot, maybe just enough to cover it, but there was about a 1/2 inch to about 1/4 inch of space between the oil return on the engine and turbo.

It works, but I want to know how every one else did it. We also tried to use the return pipe that fit into the oil pan, but it was too small.
you could do this

#16 ·
I used the factory oil pan fitting and hose for the TD04 and a TD04 drain fitting I got on eBay, held together with two lined hose clamps (the type that won't cut silicone hose). They all fit together fine and hasn't leaked a drop in over a month. It's much better than the hose-in-a-hose setup I had before.

#19 ·
Is the oil pan fitting different on a OG93 then it is on an NG? The oil pan drain pipe that came with my brothers TD04 (out of an 03 93SE) was like too small and would almost fall back into the oil pan.

Where the 95s any different?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.