Saab Link Forums banner

2.0 w/ 2.3 intake manifold swap

7K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  sleet 
#1 ·
So I was doing some research on intake manifold mods and came across something the guys at GS put up. Has anyone done this mod? Any noticeable gains?

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah I have one in the garage I want to put on but the A/F ratio thing scares me. I asked nick about it and he said it is bad without a custom tune. He wouldn't say if it runs lean or not though. Jak thinks it may be alright but a dyno session is strongly advised. So I really don't know how safe it is, I would guess that on a mild setup like mine the trionic could compensate but I am not fully sure. Since brewtide is a slacker and never went to the dyno one of us needs to just go so we can get this cleared up. P.S. just kidding brewtide don't hate me you have been very helpful.

#10 ·
Are you running an MBC? I am so this means if things go wonky the ECU can't pull boost which of coarse is very bad. You could remain safe by raising fuel pressure but that is not ideal because you would be increasing fuel through the whole RPM band and not when it is nessisary. The thing that sucks is that if you don't live near a tuner then it makes it hard to do a custom tune. Jak says he can right a tune for it so maybe talking to him is best.

#13 ·
The is not possible for the viggen/ T7 because of why again?

#15 ·
Thanks tweek, In that case i have one for sale.

#23 ·
i also am suprised there is not a aftermarket intake manifold around. nick, you better get to working . would a tuned car like mine really get any benefits from it? i can see higher tuned with bigger turbo cars seeing better air flow and better numbers but what about a car with a little t25/28?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.