Saab Link Forums banner

Squid bar (strutbar)

7K views 82 replies 37 participants last post by  Elmo 
#1 ·
picked this up from seth today.

came home and gave it a few coats of black paint, and stuck it on the car. i stripped one of the nuts because it wasnt grabbing much thread when i went to tighten it unfortunately, so i need to replace that...other than that it took 5 minutes to get on. i like it, and im sure it will go great with me new swaybar too!

new vs. old

you can see the nuts barely grab...im wondering if theres an easy way to solve this.

See less See more
#6 ·
Don't think Nick actually made them which was the problem. Pretty sure he out-sourced them hence where the all the problems arouse. Some people have fitting issues with them, and it looks like the thread started as well has them or he would not have stripped the threads due the bar not sliding on properly. I bought one for my viggen and after trying to pry it into place I grabbed my handy propane torch, heated up one end of the bar and bent it just a tad.
Hope it's just the nut and not the stud that is stripped.

#7 ·
yeah its definetly just the nut. the bar is sitting flat on all 4 points, the studs just dont come up far enough, i dont see a problem running 3 of 4 nuts atleast so i may or may not fix it, but prolly will, i want some nice new shiny bolts haha. it slid right on relatively easily if you eased on one side witha bolt then did the same to the other side...thats how i stripped the bolt.

#8 ·
/\ that is two reasons I pulled the plug.. The guy never understood the cars. I want to make them 100% if they leave here I know they are right. :)

About new ones, Well We were really close.. Till this guy it from my hand. That was the deal of the year too. So just have to run the numbers..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140227729933&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Maybe if we could get some idea of interest??? It will be similar but much cleaner looking. Also we might be able to do custom powdercoat since that is in house too. Also if we do them here there will be a 900NG as well.

#13 ·
Yea, any more than $200 doesnt quite seem worth it.

Not to compare to another manufacturer (as i really only like doing it with myself) but saab savior has a rather simple looking solution for about $150... are you considering a more complex design, like the one that SaabKid37 has?

#25 ·
I am def down for one. its not like we are dealing with BFchuck here.

I have no problem paying for quality, and from Nick I can always expect that.

#30 ·
Awesome Nick cant wait! I will be sure to nab one of these! Any word on the short shifters and how that is coming along?

#39 ·
Great news that this bit will be available again. I installed mine before my 6 point (give me a break, it was winter and bloody cold!) and it made a huge difference in handling, road feel and minimizing torque steer. I was almost disappointed when I installed the 6 point....based on all the reviews I read on it I expected big changes....not so, since the upper brace took control of a good share of the uglies. Looks oh so aweet too!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.