Saab Link Forums banner

Let em roll, Eagle tallonvs ngvert...

2K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  jonny72888 
#1 ·
Happened upon a Eagle Talon with a T? turbo and he wanted to play and we had some fun. I was in third at about 3500rpm and he came up from behind and came hard. I went wot and it slowly started building boost and he got almost to my rear bumper and I hit my sweat spot and lunged forward by about 3 cars and he got back in behind me.

We then did about 3 different pulls from 35-40mph and I would let him go first and he would just edge forward and then my car would hit full boost, spin and jump forward about two cars.

We did a final one and I let him come hard on me until he was almost even and then hit it in second gear and I would instantly go even and then pulled ahead by about 1/2 a car and bounced off the rev limit and shifted to third and was in my laggy spot... He pulled ahead about 1/2 a car and then I finally got to my sweat spot and jumped ahead by about 3 cars again.

It was fun, but I have to either get a smaller turbine housing or add a 35-50hp shot of nitrous to help my spool up in third gear. I am making big power, but its just too laggy at this elevation and I need either a higher second gear rev limit, 7500rpm or nitrous or a smaller turbine...

John

See less See more
#4 ·
He was beside me yelling what stage t? turbo set-up he had, but I could not quite make it out... I was yelling 3076, 3076:cool:

It just made me realize I need to do something about my third gear spool-up as even if I am near 7k in second, I am not high enough to jump right back into my sweat spot in third. Might have to try a t3 .63 or t25 .64 or just put on the 35hp shot of nitrous and keep the big end while lowring the bottom end and just use it for drag racing...

John

#5 ·
lower final drive....might work in this area

John, with the 4.45 final in my Aero I am up almost a gear over stock at all speeds. This essentiall makes the 2-3 shift you are experiencing actually be a third to fourth shift and it closes the ratios at each speed relative to stock gears.
If you still have the 900 final I think it is something like 3.83.

#6 ·
Thanks Matt, that is exactly what I need, shorter gears because third to fourth puts me right back into the sweat spot, but second to third is just to far of a gap and even if I hit the 7k rev limit, I drop back to around 4k or so and my big monster is not going quick until about 4500rpm and up, its just about 500rpm too low.

I have 3 used trannies in the garage now and one of them was only having trouble poping out of third on decel. If I new what final drive to find out of what gear-box, I could make a new tranny with better final drive and lsd to keep this bad boy going in a straight line.

Its quite a handfull on the back country roads and with the open diff throwing the power back and forth, it feels like it wants to suck you off the road at any minute.... Its scary:roll:

John

#7 ·

Its quite a handfull on the back country roads and with the open diff throwing the power back and forth, it feels like it wants to suck you off the road at any minute.... Its scary:roll:

John
i look at that as an anti theft device:) if someone steels your car they will most certainly die, and insureance will cover the car so its a win win, sorta, i mean your still out a car:confused: gotta sort out the kinks in that plan;)
JP

#8 ·
That is funny:) I also think the light flywheel combined with the spec stage 3 6-pucks disk clutch would get them a few times while trying to get started.

With the exhaust the way it is now its loud and with someone trying to start, get it going, I bet I could get up, wash my face, get dressed and go upstairs and outside and still catch them trying to get moving....:cool:

Where is my gun???

John

#23 ·
I was thinking twin T28's would be nice, the nissan boys do that on occasion...

Think of a twin gt3071wg .64ar set-up:cool: Maybe a t25/ gt3071wg .64ar in series or something, the little t25 to romp you off the line and then the gt3071wg to take you over the top...

Probably need variable cam shafts so you could get the low end spool of stock cams and then the top end power of the enem 264 or 276 cams.

So that is all we need, two turbos, variable cam shafts and awd to put all that power down... hhhhhmmmm, I guess you might as well buy the new bmw that has twin turbos and awd and a 8500rpm rev limit:cool:

All I need is that 100k or more;-)

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.