Black/Smoked Corner Lamps Done! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Black/Smoked Corner Lamps Done!

Here u go guys i dremmeled open my corner lamps and painted them black to match my ride! You ask why............ cuz im crazy

I cut them open carefully with a dremmel tool, painted them with hi temp paint, resealed the lense with silicone, and topped off the edges with black silicone so water doesnt get in!

Difficulty - EXTREMELY HARD
Time - about 6 hours (alot of time waiting for things to dry)

What do u think?

Now i have black corner lamps to match the headlight housings i painted black!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
Trollerator
Elder

that is neat, very cool looking!

why did you choose to do this instead of just tinting the outside with Niteshades or something? Looks like a similar effect.

any pics of the headlamps?

I wonder if those blinkers will pass inpsection?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Very cool but its obvious that you have way to much time on your hands. And didnt we establish you were going to paint your car green????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:04 AM   #4

Well u know the Euro show is up in a couple weeks so i had to do something to her so she could be different! im hoping to get my 3" dp by then!

No green Saab for me, the only green saabs i see are in my rearview mirror!

besides, now with my black corner lamps and black headlights i have an added 15 hp.....dyno proven! ha
Old 01-05-2005, 11:13 AM   #5
Elder

Do you have any pics of the whole car? What type of Saab is that? Those rims look nice. And maybe I am just confused but you just painted the inside of the corner turn signal chamber? And you left some spots unpainted?

Old 01-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #6
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmdesign
And you left some spots unpainted?
it needs to reflect at least a little, right?

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 01-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #7
Elder

I wanna see some front end shots and those side markers lit up at night... itneresting concept - but curious as to the function of em now....
for your repair needs
Old 01-05-2005, 11:37 AM   #8

I left a circle around the socket so it will reflect a little head on and i left some of the sidewall unpainted so it will reflect a little from the side also.

Keep in mind I never used the rear socket of the corner lamp anyway, never liked it! I dont know why they have two bulbs in the corner lamp! I thought it was overkill with 2light bulbs in the corner lamp!

When i got my car painted i contemplated removing the corner lamps completely and molding that area and installing 04" Jetta lights with the blinkers in the headlights but decided against that! I think the corner lamps on Saabs are HUGE but its one of the features that distincts it from other cars!

As for how it functions, yes the black corner lamps are slightly dimmer than the stocks but hey its different and i like it!

i like the look of just the one front bulb!

No front end pics yet but since i left some of the front parts of the corner lamp housing chrome it looks virtually stock when looking at it from the front of the car with the exception of my blue tinted hyper white bulbs up front which give it somwhat of a blue reflection.

heres a pic of the black painted headlight housing with the stock corner lamp !
Old 01-05-2005, 11:37 AM   #9
Elder

That looks awesome very nice job, you need to get rid of thoes cell phone pics though.

I wonder how that would look on a gold saab?

Dan
Old 01-06-2005, 04:07 AM   #10
Avid TSL User

Send a message via ICQ to 9-3 Mike Send a message via MSN to 9-3 Mike
I wanna se a pic of the whole car....

NEW:

1/8mile = 8,807sec @ 87,1mph
Old 01-06-2005, 07:43 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
The car looks very clean as well!! Even though the car is not green it is still a sharp looking car!!!

Old 01-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
wow dude that looks super clean man!! wish my car was black....
Old 01-06-2005, 06:46 PM   #13
Elder

Black Saabs are definitely the best looking and most fun to drive

Old 01-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
oh no lets not start this again......i would have to side with the silver or gray saabs anyday......
Old 01-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #15
Elder

Hey you said it

Old 01-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #16

stevehayes01, that's not his car, the rims do not match, you can't fool us

~justin

I –RIVE SWE–ISH
Old 01-07-2005, 06:12 AM   #17
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to trexturk
acually that is his car.
He got new rims for it
Old 01-07-2005, 07:33 AM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguy
stevehayes01, that's not his car, the rims do not match, you can't fool us

~justin
And the last time I checked he is looking to upgrade to 19's on it too.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:03 AM   #19

Yes I can confirm that is his car....

I had a set of 18" chrome wheels for about a week but unfortunately had to return them to the seller due to them being bent!
they did look very nice on the car!

Right now i have my custom drilled 18" Axis Sevens!

Hey Steve speaking of rims is your Ebay stage name " Saaby_steve"?????

As for the 19's i think im throwing that idea out the window since my car is already lowered (too much of a hassle) etc...... I am going to stick with 18" rims! I have been checking around with my connections and the only thing i have come up with that is somewhat reasonably priced and decent looking is the 18" Axis MOD wheel which also comes with the MAXIS lip for those of you who like the staggered look! I was going to get those cause they are 3 piece i believe and they have that nice deep polished lip! However its the exact same wheel i have on my car with exception to it being the 3 piece version!

My buddy can have a blank Mod wheel drilled to our 5x110mm pattern for approx $280-$300 per wheel. Not bad for a 3pc wheel. heres a pic of the MOD!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #20
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasaabguy
Yes I can confirm that is his car....

Hey Steve speaking of rims is your Ebay stage name " Saaby_steve"?????

!
Nope I use pretty much the same name on every thing. Stevehayes01 or it used to be saturnguy01 (when I had my Saturn). Why is the guy selling some good stuff???

Also I wish this damn rain would stop!!!!! Need to detail the car!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in