Saab Link Forums banner

Blanking plug for T7 BPV

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Legit 
#1 ·
Is the blanking plug from T5 bpv to bov the same as T7?

This weekend i unhooked the bpv pipe and plugged the pipe with a towel so it made a BOV, sounded fucking awesome.

Is this not recommended to do?

#6 ·
lol a towel?!?! you have some balls stuffing a towel into your intake. I suppose it was probably large enough to not get sucked in but STILL!!!

You cannot run a BOV unless you want your car to run like shit and be stuck on low boost.

Guys take it easy, a lot of people don't know this!

#7 ·

A lot of people don't know about the T7 BOV non-compatibility, that's true. But Paul has been around TSL for quite a while. The car is not new to him, and the question has surly been asked since he's been here.

Also, a fucking towel in the intake?!?

This reminds me of the fool on some other forum that got his 100 pages of fail for sucking a plastic bag into his motor after using it to try to plug a hole in the intake.

#8 · (Edited)
lol..

It was only in the garage. I knew it would throw a CEL. It wouldnt be a permanent "mod" anyways.

Was it stupid? Yes.
Did I know it would go into LHM? No.

EDIT:
Another member on here said it would just throw a CEL, no limp home mode.

#11 · (Edited)
:flame suit on:

Has anyone seen one of these ;)

Ive been running it like this for a month for the hell of it w/ no CEL

Its not a true BOV nor DV -> I have a plug that I can use to make it DV only or BOV only. I plan on going 100% DV if I ever get a CEL or any poor driving characteristics.

Really, the only reason I am posting this is to cause a riot since we all know YOU CAN NOT RUN A BOV ON T7 :wink:

Oh yea and LOL at dude who stuck a towel in his BPV pipe!!!

#13 · (Edited)
I agree with you there, i hear no difference between this BOV/DV hybrid and a normal DV

Nick when doing your tests how did the a/f ratios look? Did it make the car run pig rich like running only a BOV would or was there only minimal change or what?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.