ETS ic install mods - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
Elder

ETS ic install mods

ok so i looked around and although it was discussed numerous times...

does anyone have pictures of what exactly needs to be done to install the ets ic?

i read some people cutting the support and some just hammering it.

i need a new ic (yes my stocker is actually damaged badly) and i would love direct bolt on but the ets price is a little more appealing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ViggenStory
https://saablink.net/forum/showthread...light=ets+fmic
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViggenStory View Post
no pictures....

Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViggenStory View Post
thanks im fully aware of what needs to be done. the specifics are that i would like pictures to be available.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #5
JZW
Elder

Mark has some great pictures of his install and they are on his homesite.

I put it in place, put the bumper on and line it all up and then mark the spot where the end tank meets the inner crash bar.

I then take a die grinder and grind down the area on the inner crash bar until the bumper will fit without much pressure. Make sure the end tank welds are smooth as that is some area that can save room and may save you from having to take much off the inner crash bar.

I have heard of guys taking a big hammer and just beating in the inner crash bar at the point of contact, but I like the die grinding myself.

Here you go.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/458565/2

John

Last edited by JZW; 04-16-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
Elder

thanks man

Old 04-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
Yeah my bumper is off from the wreck, I'll try to get some shots of what I did today since there seems to be a big interest in what needs to be done.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:08 AM   #8
Elder

I took some extra material out of the radiator plastic sides. Now while you dont have to do this, it makes fitting much easier.

Left Side:

Right Side:

The zip tie is only to make sure it stays in place, once the bumper is was on the tie is completely unnecessary.

I personally didnt have to do anything to my bumper support but that might be due to my lack of an A/C condenser.

Final fitment:

Old 04-17-2008, 07:36 AM   #9

Holy Shit! That Is Fuckin Sexy!

Thanks For The Photos Mark, i remember you said you were gonna post pics on the install. i think i know what to do now. the modifcation for the raditor shouldnt be hard at all i cant wait to get mine!

Last edited by ViggenStory; 04-17-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
Elder

did you have a crossflow prior to that install?

also...any pics with the bumper on?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post

I did have a crossflow already, but that shouldn't matter at all if you have the right hoses.

I'll try to get a bumper shot...I just hate looking at my car right now, I need a new one to boost my moral.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #12
Elder

not to threadjack but how easy is it to remove the bumper on an NG900... say one with the front chin that the Tally has?
Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #13
Elder

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/2005...0_Intercooler/
Old 04-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
Elder

removal of the bumper is very easy. remove corner lights, then headlights. unbolt the plastic under the engine, and the bumper from the wheel wells. use a 17mm socket to un bolt the 2 bolts that hold the bumper on (need to remove the headlights to see them). pull the bumper off and you're all set.(posted froma phone so excuse any formatting errors)
Old 04-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
Elder

thanks
Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #16
JZW
Elder

Quote:

Here is my car with bumper on, full ac intact. You can see the core sits low and in the airstream, just about the entire core is in the air, except a small amount up top behind bumper.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0184.JPG (12.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #17
Elder

Quote:

I only ask because I thing the adiaor won't being the way if the car came with a crossflow

Old 04-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #18

Hey mark on the thread i posted, whatever happen to have to buy viggen hoses ? dont we need to buy those to hook up the ets? it seems like int he picture you didnt even need them. it looked like u just hooked it to your stock IC pipes. correct me if im wrong.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #19
JZW
Elder

He already had a cross flow on there

If you have a single pass ic, you do need to A. take the extra pieces from the single pass ic and make a tube that will work or buy viggen turbo side ic hose, which flows nice with smooth bends.

There are two versions, stock viggen one for tdo4 turbo and the one smade special for the t25 turbo, the clocking of the two turbos is different and the t25 turbo outlet points away from the ic a little.

John
Old 04-18-2008, 05:14 AM   #20
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post
There are two versions, stock viggen one for tdo4 turbo and the one smade special for the t25 turbo, the clocking of the two turbos is different and the t25 turbo outlet points away from the ic a little.

John
I had my crossflow and viggen IC pipe from when I had my T25, so I had to modify it a little to work with the TDO4.

Also, like I mentioned in the other thread, get the lower rad hose from a 00 9-3. its shaped different to make room for the turbo exit hose. Only some of the '99 9-3's had them (all the H.O.T did, but even some that wernt) but its almost impossible to tell. It only being like $11 you should replace it anyway while you're down there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in