Saab Link Forums banner

Borbert Rims TYPE FS 17x8

2K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  troll_speed 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
17x8 thats what i have i'm sure it won't rub unless you just do full lock. ill test it out this weekend and let you know when i put them on.

the only thing you will worry about is mounting a bigger tire. you could probably get a 215 or 225 and be fine. if you go to a 235 you would have to get maybe a 40 sidewall.

#8 ·
it would be only worth it if you wanted a wider tire like a 225 or 235 for better traction. if you want to autox or something like that i would go with the 17x8. if your more of a daily driver kinda guy and would rather save the money on smaller rim and small tires then go with the 17x7.

#15 ·
ViggenStory: honestly you need to thank God for moose and his patience. Anyone else would have crushed you for you lack of general knowledge, feeble reading comprehension, and poor grasp of the English language.

Here it is in short. Regardless of the wheel you pick here, running a 235 tire can cause some rubbing issues of the tire at full lock. If I where you I would strike a balance since you only "race" on weekends and daily drive the whole week. I would get the 17X7 and run 225 width tires. You have plenty of grip with that size w/o the extra weight of bigger wheels and tires and have no possibility of the tire rubbing.

#18 ·
ViggenStory: I see that you have started talking spacers. This is generally not recommended. There comes a point of diminishing returns. The time and effort for the gain between the 235 and the 225 is VERY minimal if any. The added weight of the larger tire plus the larger rim then spacers all hurt your acceleration and deceleration. For larger than 225 I would consult a pro to make sure you get good fitments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.