Saab Link Forums banner

Who's passed SMOG in California w/ an upgraded DP & CAT???

968 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Aero02 
#1 ·
From a previous thread I've started (http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28211) , my 2000 Viggen didn't pass SMOG this past Saturday in California. The only mods I have done to the car are: (1) GS DP w/Race CAT V1, (2) 2006+ King Cobra, (3) Saab Viggent/Remus Sport Exhaust, and (4) JAK IC. I am still running the stock SW. California has a strict smog check in that the sniffer test is done on a rolling dyno at 15 MPH in 2nd gear and 25 MPH in 3rd. I'm wanting to get a feel for how many folks with an upgraded DP & CAT have passed/not passed SMOG check in CA.

I know "swedishassassin' also has failed in CA as well: http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26719

If you live in CA and have an upgraded DP can you provide the following:

1. SMOG PASS/FAIL?
2. What DP are you running? (GS, JAK, JT, etc)
3. What SW (and stage) are you running? (stock, Nordic, SQR, etc)
4. What other HW mods do you have done? (exhaust, Cobra Pipe, IC, etc)
5. What did you have to do to get it to pass?
6. Post the data from your SMOG inspection

Here is the data from my failure and then passing once I swapped the DP back to stock:

FAILURE (w/ GS DP & Race CAT):
...............%CO2.......%O2.....HC(PPM)....CO(%) .....NO(PPM)
15 MPH:.....14.9.........0.0.......25............0.09 .........513*
25 MPH:.....14.9.........0.0.......19............0.08 .........374

*FAILED: max is 430

PASS (2 days later with Stock DP & CAT back on):
...............%CO2.......%O2.....HC(PPM)....CO(%) .....NO(PPM)
15 MPH:.......15.2........0.00.......3............0.0 1 .........0
25 MPH:.......15.1........0.00.......1............0.0 0..........0

See less See more
#4 ·
spg had a jt dp, catco cat and full 3 inch exhaust with magnaflow muffler, 30 lb injectors, etcccc. Car was around 240 whp. Car failed with high nox. Added RRFPR and it passed.
Viggen has a stage 4 or 5, 60 lb injectors, jak's dp, magnaflow cat and muffler, full 3 inch exhaust. Car had a lower NOX then yours. Did the things I mentioned in your post and it passed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.