Saab Link Forums banner

Stage 3 93 VS 07 350z

3K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  JK 
#1 ·
So im about to complete my stage 3 in about 1 month. and i was wondering if i could take on a 350z? I raced my buddys 07 350Z over the wekeend. and i have a CAI and ecu, pushing 17psi. we both put it in 3rd and we went, and he burned me pretty bad, lost about by 3 cars. we were going like 40mph. im getting turboback by the end of the month. after that will i stance a chance? or burn him ? lol ;) lemme know guys.

#2 ·
If you're pushing 17psi NOW and couldn't take him, I'd be surprised if stage 3 would change that. Which surprises me a lot to be honest, at stage 3 I was hanging even with 350z's and my friends rx7 that I run dead even with has slaughtered a 350z (at the same time mike D also outran him lol) so if Stage 4 can take him no problem, stage 3 should be able to.

#4 ·
Not all 350's are created equal.

The HR's(I think they started in 07') have some tweaking and have more hp and top end and gave up some tq over the 287hp 02-06 cars. The older cars are good for low 14's and 99-100mph, so a stock Viggen is in the running from a roll. The HR's though I have seen trap a few MPH faster which is stage 3 Viggen numbers.

#5 ·
hmm yeah i thought so, the 350z have about 300hp/280tq

i might wanna race him again when i get my FMIC and my turboback and then suprise him. im pretty sure i can give him a good run by then. i really wanna go stg 4 by summer. im pretty suren i can. he said he was gonna get intake and exhaust as well.

#11 ·
yeah i think a stage 3-4 should be able to take a stock 350z but tuned will murder us, keep in mind we are racing heavy swedish hatchbacks, vs a small jap twoseater rwd. just keeping up with one should earn some respect.

Saabs are fun, but they just arn't the fastest cars out there

#13 ·
yeah i think a stage 3-4 should be able to take a stock 350z but tuned will murder us, keep in mind we are racing heavy swedish hatchbacks, vs a small jap twoseater rwd. just keeping up with one should earn some respect.

Saabs are fun, but they just arn't the fastest cars out there
You would be wrong on them being a light 2 seater. They are about 3250-3350lbs on average. The 90-96 twin turbo 300 was even worse at 3500lbs. So 900/9-3's are lighter.

#14 · (Edited)
there is 2 rich kids in concord that have new 305z. when i just staged the vig and only had a dp with no cat on it i saw him on the road flew past him, then he flicked me off. so i turned around and got next him at the light...so whats up guy...oh you have a saab ahh....yup(reving up motor open dp sounding out of control)....so why u flick me off...mmmmmm i i i dont know what your talking about....i laughed. light turned green and he didn' even what to take a chance of running he dropped back and came to dead stop in the road to get away from me. thats when i started dieing laughing.

#18 ·
I've driven both my friends '07 350z and (obviously) my stage 3 Viggen. At the time I drove it, he had an aftermarket catback, but I don't think it was one that added much anything in terms of performance. The 350z is *surprise surprise* much faster from a dead stop. Up at speed, in 3rd+ I'm pretty sure that my Viggen would pull on it, and at freeway speeds I'm sure could leave it pretty well behind, but I have yet to get them side by side to prove anything.

#19 ·
Shame guys its tough living at the coast hey...Up at altitude the normally aspirated cars lose so much. With my stock Vig i am quicker in gear than my mates M3 smg2 and 05 Porsche boxter s 3.2...Off the mark they both nail me by about a car length though. :p

#20 ·
a fuew of my buddys and me went on a cruze up to a funn little mountian run i like to do everyonce in a while, i was leading the pack in my Ng900 B234 Non turbo and i came around one of the switch backs and there was a 350z there i got on hiss ass and he took off i fallowed he tried to lose me but he couldnt in the corners he pulled away in the straight aways but my car handeld way better than his did he finaly puled over and had a real pised off look on his face that his car couldnt pull from mine.

i have Lesjofor sprort springs
KYb front struts and rear shocks
GS 25mm rear sway bar
zimmerman cross drilled rotors
EBC red stuff ceramic pads all around
Rbf600 brake fluid
short shifter
and i think i was actualy running on snow tires that night but i dont really remember
but they were Hankook W404 225/45R17s

#26 ·
I have raced 2 350z so far but dont really know what year, the first one I raced looked stock and I raced from about 40mph and my car just kept pulling away from him, The second one from what I saw had an exhaust but I think it had to be tuned because that car just kept pulling away from me.

my car is a 2001 SE HOT stage 4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.