Saab Link Forums banner

Are these ball joints shot?

878 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  nocluetim 
#1 ·
Here's a short video of the control arms I just got from a salvage yard in VA. I think I already know the answer to this but wanted to make sure before I call the guy back and have him send another set.

Video Link

#4 ·
I'm doing a full suspension upgrade from the earlier style on my '95. Funds are getting slim and I already spent $250 on these, a new sway bar and stanchion arms. Plus over $200 for all polly busings and stanchion arm bushings. I don't want to put these under my car if I have to yank 'em out again in a year.

#10 ·
How much did you spend on these worn out control arms?? over 200?? :-?

You couldve bought brand new ones from g-saab for close to that. I found out this weekend that I have to replace both my control arms also. I dont think i'd ever want to replace something like a c-arm with a used one, low miles or not.. Especially since the price difference is so close.

#13 ·
I'm on a pretty tight budget with this project. It has to be done now before my current arms let go and put me in the wall. It was either $250 for all parts used or over $600 for new. Labor is also a factor here. I'm not brave enough to do this type of work myself. It's far to important.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.