New Mods Installed - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 02:45 AM   #1
TSLMember

New Mods Installed

I'm nearing the end of the road on mods I can and am willing to do. Just installed the following new mods.

Sport transmission mount: It's a 20 minute job. It is impressive. Improved power transfer is noticable. Only slight negative is a small increase in cabin vibration when stopped. The improved power transfer makes this a small price to pay.

Poly Bushings for front anti roll bar: Another 20 minutes. Now every bushing on my car is poly. Can't say I notice a big difference, but haven't been to the mountains to challenge the suspension.

Steel Braided Teflon Brake Lines: This one took about an 1.5 hours. One of the originals was seized. Access to the rear lines is tight. The difference SHOCKED me. I have Zimmerman cross drilled rotors and Hawk High Performance Street Pads. With these brakelines almost all of the hydraulic pressure goes to the brake pistons. It is a huge improvement that takes a little time to adjust to. Highly recommended!

Blue Silicone Line for BPV: Mostly for cosmetic purpose, but also will improve thermal conditions. Looks really nice! Picture attached.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
Trollerator
Elder

can you give some more details on what is involved in the install of the tranny mount? skill level and tools and do you need a ramp or lift?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
yeah is the tranny mount for manual or auto?
great mods! what brand are the lines?
i just got the arb bushings as well but havnt put them in....hope they do some good....
and do u have a list of mods somewhere i can look at....

oh and it looks like you have the new intake pipe (the cobra) i got that too (not installed ) is there a big differance?

Old 01-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Nick sells a tranny mount for both auto and many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 01-02-2005, 08:18 AM   #5
TSLMember

iwantaviggen asked about my mods. Here's a list:

Engine1. Stage 2 ECU (easy way to get real HP gain, but I waited until I improved suspension)

2. 3 delivery pipe (Speedparts) with Cat and 2-1/2 cat back (SAAB) - big time improvement in spool up

3. Abbott Turbo Inlet Pipe - not as dramatic as downpipe but helps at higher rpm/speed

4. Forge Stubby BPV - works well but not a big improvement over a working Bosch BPV

5. K&N Filter

6. Sport Auto Transmission Mount - no special tools or lift. I had a friend who's a pro do it in 20 minutes.

Chassis/Suspension
1. Eibach Pro-System - huge improvement in control with a nominal loss of comfort.

2. Six point subframe brace & strut tower brace - completely killed cowl shake and the last remnants of torque steer on my convertible. These are Great Mods for a convertible. Makes my 2002 more comparable to a 2004 from a cowl shake perspective. Surprisingly, improved comfort on rough roads too.

3. KIC Steering Brace - easy mod to reduce torque steer and improve control

4. 24 cm sway bar - helps the backend considerably

5. Poly bushings - have done all in front and rear. Tightens up everything.

6. Goodyear Eagle F1 D3 tires 215/45 - 17. Grip as well as the Pole 3s but much more comfortable and better in the rain. Best tire Ive ever used.

7.Goodridge steel braided teflon brake lines - Shocked me, big improvement over OEM lines.

7. Abbott Support Frame Bearings - slight improvement over polys.

8. Hawk High Performance Street Brake Pads - similar to Green Pads in performance, but much easier on rotors

9. Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors - good performance at a good price. Look cool too!

Wish List
Affordable upgraded intercooler
Old 01-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
sounds like a good list...just about evrything i am looking to put in my car, with some changes....

what i wanted to know was if his car was an auto or manual....and its auto

about the cowl shake..i saw a show that tested the bmw, volvo and saab verts and saab came out on top! so yours must be solid as hell!

good work!
Old 01-03-2005, 04:46 AM   #7
TSLMember

Quote:
iwantaviggen said: about the cowl shake..i saw a show that tested the bmw, volvo and saab verts and saab came out on top! so yours must be solid as hell!
Mine is quite solid now but cowl shake was significant before the mods. The 2004 convertibles have a new chassis with a massive subframe brace that is REALLY solid as hell. Unfortunately the 2004 also has a GM engine that IMHO isn't as good as the SAAB engine I have in my 2002 9-3 SE .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in