83# injectors working with Street Heat 57 turbo? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to moose
83# injectors working with Street Heat 57 turbo?

hey,

i just got a presicion turbo Street Heat 57 , about the same as a GT3071, from a friend of mine and i was wondering what are people running for injectors. i bought 83# last summer for a bigger size turbo but i decided that i would rather have a track/streetable car then a dyno king.

thanks,

chris

Stg. no go
My transmission boggles minds!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #2

maybe JZW can chime in? i guess he is the only one running a GT3071?

Stg. no go
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Sorry, missed this.

I am running a gt3071. I have 60# siemens injectors.

I don't know where they are at as far as the duty cycle goes though.

The A/F looks ok on the dyno.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Sorry, missed this.

what kind of duty cycle are you running?

Stg. no go
Old 04-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose View Post

Quote:
Sorry, missed this.

I don't know where they are at as far as the duty cycle goes though.

The A/F looks ok on the dyno.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

should be able to figure it out with the calculator on that page. #83 is a lot of fuel, looks like around 450 crank hp @ 80% duty cycle.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:23 AM   #7

Quote:
ya, i was a little drunk last night so i didn't see the rest of that. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

should be able to figure it out with the calculator on that page. #83 is a lot of fuel, looks like around 450 crank hp @ 80% duty cycle.

Paul
i'm aiming for 350-380 whp so i would say i would be running around 70ish duty cycle.

Stg. no go

Last edited by moose; 04-09-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:37 AM   #8
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
83s sound good with e85..

On my vig the 750cc ~71lb are maxed with 500hp and e85. The pump is not quite up to the task though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 04-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
JZW
Elder

Quote:
The siemans 60# would be ok up to around 512-550bhp, both Vigge and Kyanton and myself are running the 60# and have made upwards of 450whp.
Jak made 431whp on a mustang or 481whp on a dynojet...

I was turning them down on my gt3071wg with w/m injection, but with new gt3076, I need to turn them back up. I will see where I end up.

If you plan to run 400whp, you are fine with the 60# with gasoline. If you plan to run 500bhp, you are getting near the end of the 60# injectors.

If you plan to run 600bhp, you need larger fuel line, larger fuel rail possibly and maybe a high flow fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump of course too...
Old 04-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post
The siemans 60# would be ok up to around 512-550bhp, both Vigge and Kyanton and myself are running the 60# and have made upwards of 450whp.

I was turning them down on my gt3071wg with w/m injection, but with new gt3076, I need to turn them back up. I will see where I end up.

If you plan to run 400whp, you are fine with the 60# with gasoline. If you plan to run 500bhp, you are getting near the end of the 60# injectors.

If you plan to run 600bhp, you need larger fuel line, larger fuel rail possibly and maybe a high flow fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump of course too...
but would it be a big deal if i just run the 83#.

Stg. no go
Old 04-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to spgeebee88
you could run the 83# at a lower duty cycle and all ways have room to play with
Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #12

Quote:
here we go again....

Were your numbers corrected or uncorrected?
Quote:
With nitrous or without?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgeebee88 View Post
you could run the 83# at a lower duty cycle and all ways have room to play with
i read a huge thing on injectors in T5suite bible. the probably is that it takes a long time to have them open since they are so big so running them at lower duty cycle might be a problem. i was wondering would 350-380whp be to low?

Stg. no go
Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #14

Maintaining good boost and fueling control might be a bit easier with smaller injectors. And you can get to your HP goal with 60# injectors...and have decent mileage and keep cylinder washing from overfueling at a minimum....
Old 04-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #15

i think i might have to exchange them.

Stg. no go
Old 04-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #16
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
here we go again....

Were your numbers corrected or uncorrected?

With nitrous or without?
Everyones numbers are sae, Nicks, Jak's, Kevin and everyone else in the world...

Its the hp the injectors can serve, not exactly how much hp they actually made down the number, which can't be done in bhp anyway without a engine dyno. My numbers are probably over 600bhp in sae... silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

John
Old 04-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
JZW
Elder

Quote:
but would it be a big deal if i just run the 83#.

From what I understand, the larger they are, the harder it is to make the car do things like idle good, warm up and enrichment maps are harder to tweak and the maps get farther and farther away from what they look like stock.

That is why you want to match the exact fuel injectors to the tuner as if they have a lot of time tuning and getting all the bugs out at idle, part throttle and all that, the better they run. It would be very difficult for a tuner that has never used those injectors to get it all right, almost impossible.

IF you plan to tune yourself, it will take the time to figure all that out and change the Konstant and just keep driving and tweaking and driving and tweaking.

The siemans 60# are supposed to be pretty good, being high impedence and many of the tuners have them fairly well dialed in...

This could cost you more time and frustration than its worth, but anything is possible and if there is a will, there is a way

John
Old 04-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #18
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
here we go again....

With nitrous or without?
You act like making power with nitrous takes less fuel than cams or a big turbo, that is a little silly Mike.

Asking these questions is just trying to muddy the waters, its the same as the na guys that like all throttle and no bottle, that is fine, but it has no bearing on the fuel injector question and is no different than asking well did you make 500bhp with cams or without? Did you make 500bhp with stock fuel injectors or without?

Did you make 500bhp with stock exhaust or without? Did you make 500bhp with a t25 or gt30? Did you make 500bhp with w/m injection or without? Did you make 500bhp with forged pistons or without? Did you make 500bhp with the balance chain removed or not? Did you make 500bhp with stock exhaust manifold or without...

Get what I am saying? Its all bhp and it all takes a certain amount of fuel to make it no matter how a guy chooses to play with his toy and if he wants to make 500bhp, he needs a certain amount of fuel and besides w/m that may displace that amount, its all the same to me whether its super charged, turbo-charged, ethonal, gasoline, nitromethane, tolulene or nitrous... It all makes power and thats what we do with performance cars

I don't try to knock a guy that does it different than some or most of the others, I give that guy credit for going outside the box, you should try it sometime! Its easy to be the sheep, try playing the wolf sometime...

John
Old 04-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
You act like making power with nitrous takes less fuel than cams or a big turbo, that is a little silly Mike.
well actually if its a wet nitrous kit (presumably it is) then it does require smaller injectors, since the nitrous system injects additional fuel...

Paul

Old 04-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #20
JZW
Elder

You are right, I got off on a little tangent there. To me a power adder is a power adder is a power adder.

I have to fight the guys at my engine builders shop all the time because they say the same kind of thing about how my turbo is cheating

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in