T5 suite SWEET :-) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
jak
TSLMember

T5 suite SWEET :-)

whoever did that one up did a great job & I would genuinely like to help with T7
please call me when you can I promise Ill shorten your efforts
I also have some T8 files & info too
that was good work & deserves support
take care
JAK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
JK
Elder

Glad to see you are supporting this Jak!

I can't wait for my BDM connector thingamadoo to arrive so I can start playing with my car
Old 04-07-2008, 06:14 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
The T5Suite is a collaborative effort of a few guys but spear headed by a forum member named Dilemma.

Jak I have sent you a PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:31 AM   #4
jak
TSLMember

steve you have allways been respectful & pleasant
I sent you a PM if you want to talk you can call me at
there is more too.....
828-775-3719
take care
JAK
Old 04-07-2008, 06:54 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Yay for Jak getting in onto this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #6
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Very cool.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:56 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
A T7 and T8 suite would be neat too. Back to class for me now.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
This is great news!

Always nice to see a nice grassroots effort grow-up into something significant.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #9
Elder

T7 suite would be sick.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #10
jak
TSLMember

we are trying to work out a trade of info that would be mutually benificial
I am a 41 year old man with 2 kids & a wife who depend on me to bring in the dough

steve & I both have our reservations but we will stay in contact & try to work something out Im on the up & up I just dont want to shoot myself in the foot either

hang in there guys

take care
JAK
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #11
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Carl Send a message via Skype™ to Carl
Did someone say T8?

M00 9-3 Conv. B234 makes up for Sun Green
M73 99L In Maine
Old 04-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #12
Elder

Genies don't like to go back into their bottles. It was only a matter or time before the talented, resourceful group of people called SAAB enthusiasts made advances into the programming of the T5, the youngest of which is now 10 years old, mind you, the oldest... over 15!

I suspect that money not spent on stage tuning is going to go towards hardware mods.
Open tuning will allow more people into the performace market, that will further feed turbo upgrades and just generally push the limits of what we can do with our cars.

This is a very exciting time to be a broke t5-SAAB owner. There is hope yet!

As good as T5 Suite may be now or in the future it will never replace the experience people like Jak will bring... and don't think the 'buzz' won't go both ways when someone uses t5 suite to lean out there SAAB and pop a motor and posts it up and as a result scare off a whole bunch of us more timid 'tuners'. Jak I applaud you for foresight in supporting this effort. Steve thanks for your efforts. I am anxiously awaiting more developments!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Wow, what a guy you are Jak.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #14
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to jdinneen
I've spent $550+$275 on tuning+retuning now... and though I do have peace of mind that it works, I am severely broke.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #15
JZW
Elder

That is great news Jak, I think its about time I start playing with some maps myself. I will still use Jak from his experience and knowledge, but being able to tweak the fuel maps a little would be very helpful and save money and time.

John
Old 04-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #16
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post
I can't wait for my BDM connector thingamadoo to arrive
ok ok, where did you get yours? The only ones I could find were available across the pond, and I want a BDM programmer too!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:22 AM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
You can build your own...about $10-$15 worth of parts. I've just ordered enough parts to make 3 of them....the circuit design is public domain.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:36 AM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
we are trying to work out a trade of info that would be mutually benificial
I am a 41 year old man with 2 kids & a wife who depend on me to bring in the dough

steve & I and Drew both have our reservations but we will stay in contact & try to work something out Im on the up & up I just dont want to shoot myself in the foot either

hang in there guys

take care
JAK
I fixed it for you.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:09 AM   #19
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzuzzo View Post
ok ok, where did you get yours? The only ones I could find were available across the pond, and I want a BDM programmer too!
From Germany.

I think there is another ECU Project thread where I posted the link to the ebay auction for the ones for sale in Germany.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:51 AM   #20
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurbo900 View Post
Genies don't like to go back into their bottles. It was only a matter or time before the talented, resourceful group of people called SAAB enthusiasts made advances into the programming of the T5, the youngest of which is now 10 years old, mind you, the oldest... over 15!

I suspect that money not spent on stage tuning is going to go towards hardware mods.
Open tuning will allow more people into the performace market, that will further feed turbo upgrades and just generally push the limits of what we can do with our cars.

This is a very exciting time to be a broke t5-SAAB owner. There is hope yet!

As good as T5 Suite may be now or in the future it will never replace the experience people like Jak will bring... and don't think the 'buzz' won't go both ways when someone uses t5 suite to lean out there SAAB and pop a motor and posts it up and as a result scare off a whole bunch of us more timid 'tuners'. Jak I applaud you for foresight in supporting this effort. Steve thanks for your efforts. I am anxiously awaiting more developments!

Very well put Nick. Free software will allow people to spend more on hardware.

Knowing that if I can change software to match hardware, I am just that much more inclined to buy that new downpipe or header from a good tuner like JAK for example.

Tboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in