9-3 1999-2002 Coilovers, interest? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
Dan
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Dan
9-3 1999-2002 Coilovers, interest?

If I were to get a company to get a set of coilovers out for the 1999-2002 9-3, would anyone be interested? Price would surface around 900-950...

Let me know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We are committed to helping out fellow Saab owners and sell to you at a great price. If you need any Saab parts or universal parts, contact us for our special pricing! Some popular brands we carry for Saab automobiles include AEM/DC Sports, MimoUSA, Helios HID Kits, HKS, Turbo XS, GReddy, EIBACH and much much more!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
If I were to get a company to get a set of coilovers out for the 1999-2002 9-3, would anyone be interested? Price would surface around 900-950...

Let me know.
Nick already has a coil over kit. However it is only for the fronts and the rears use the koni adjustable kit.

Now if your talking about an entire coil over system for front and rear it will probably depend on what the true price comes out and quality. The full koni kit (adjustable shocks+springs) comes out right around 750 to begin with. Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NahumCC; 04-06-2008 at 10:35 AM. Reason: I'll be darned.......don't know why I thought it was imported.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
TSLMember

im interested, more details...

Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Speedparts of Sweden already has a coil over kit that Nick imports. However it is only for the fronts and the rears use the koni adjustable kit.
I believe Taliaferro actually makes this kit themselves. Speedparts has no coilover kit listed for the OG9-3.

I agree with Nahum about fit and finish of the final product. What company are you looking at making these?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Thank you for pointing that out SRP. Just double checked and was suprised.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:02 AM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

i know that as far as coil-over kits K-Sport makes a killer kit for the 95 which i am putting on my g/f's and it costs 950 on their ebay page. this kit has 36 way adjustable dampeners, fully adjustable sleeves, pillow-ball upper mounts and optional camber/caster plates!! cant wait to get the kit and see how it rides!

maybe you could convince them to make one for the 93. i was gonna try to convince them myself but if we can get a lot of interest on here maybe we can take that to them and they will consider!

Smoke

Last edited by k1llsh0rty; 04-08-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ViggenStory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Let me know.

i am very interested in this, pm for more details. 1,000 would be great. i want my saab to be hella fushed aka slammed. Nicks coil kit is race only. there for its not for daily driving. so yeah. let me know dan.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #8
Elder

good luck slamming a saab.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #9

k sport rocks, stance, silkroad are some expensive brands for coils. alot of my 240sx buddy has them on there cars

MEGAN RACING= Junk

you should also ask them to make a turbo timer harness for our cars so we can have turbo timers.

Last edited by ViggenStory; 04-08-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
good luck slamming a saab.

im just lookin for no wheel gap.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViggenStory View Post
k sport rocks, stance, silkroad are some expensive brands for coils. alot of my 240sx buddy has them on there cars

MEGAN RACING= Junk

you should also ask them to make a turbo timer harness for our cars so we can have turbo timers.
good call!

just so you know, k-sport are junk (i have them), pic, function form and i forgot the other company are tops right now. megan racing is not junk, they ahev been proven all over subarus forever now.

dont you know yet we dont need a turbo timer?

all in all im down for a set of coils.

kW is prolly the way to go since they make a set for the new 9-3's and the 9-5's and also make a lot of euro stuff (bmw, porsche,etc.) although i dont forsee it being an easy project...or really staying around 900.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #12

Quote:
good call!

just so you know, k-sport are junk (i have them), pic, function form and i forgot the other company are tops right now. megan racing is not junk, they ahev been proven all over subarus forever now.

dont you know yet we dont need a turbo timer?

all in all im down for a set of coils.

kW is prolly the way to go since they make a set for the new 9-3's and the 9-5's and also make a lot of euro stuff (bmw, porsche,etc.) although i dont forsee it being an easy project...or really staying around 900.

i know we dont need turbo timers but it be nice to have one for shits, but i heard megan racing is like a generic. there like replicas of the most top brands like stance, silkroad etc...my buddy with a 240sx fastback has megan coils on his car. there decent. but i just heard there "Generic" but whatever. i am down with K SPORT though. most def.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #13
Elder

like i said k-sport is crap...i have a set, i have head to replace two in under 6 months of driving. you do not want them.

Dan - what company are you speaking to? any idea on lead time, etc?

Old 04-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #14
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
I can set you up with a kit for the street problem with these cars is you cant go lower there is no room in there for tires.. I have rear setup too. There are a few people out there running on my suspension. Just got tired of all the ricers wanting to slam the car so the tires eat the fenders.. Seriously?

But hey good luck with the project.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 04-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
I can set you up with a kit for the street problem with these cars is you cant go lower there is no room in there for tires.. I have rear setup too. There are a few people out there running on my suspension. Just got tired of all the ricers wanting to slam the car so the tires eat the fenders.. Seriously?

nick how do i go about getting some of your steet coils? you said there for daily driving?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post

We know you have the rears but you don't release them!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #17

Quote:
like i said k-sport is crap...i have a set, i have head to replace two in under 6 months of driving. you do not want them.

Dan - what company are you speaking to? any idea on lead time, etc?
My bad
Old 04-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #18
Dan
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Dan
I am a dealer for K Sport. Thanks for posting that up. All in all, the kits I have sold have been great. They also have a very good name with the 240sx for drifters.

As far as Megan Racing; I also carry them. I have sold about 200 sets of their coilovers since I started business with them 2 yrs ago and zero complaints on any I have sold.

KW Suspension is very expensive and I am not sure if they want to R&D for a car that may only sell 20-30 kits. I am just trying to get options as I am thinking of lowering on Bilstein/Eibach but think an adjustable damper kit may be more suitable..

We are committed to helping out fellow Saab owners and sell to you at a great price. If you need any Saab parts or universal parts, contact us for our special pricing! Some popular brands we carry for Saab automobiles include AEM/DC Sports, MimoUSA, Helios HID Kits, HKS, Turbo XS, GReddy, EIBACH and much much more!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViggenStory View Post
im just lookin for no wheel gap.
This is pretty close.

I have absolutely NO desire to have my car dropped any further than this. Compare it to my stock shot in my sig.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
This is pretty close.

I have absolutely NO desire to have my car dropped any further than this. Compare it to my stock shot in my sig.
whao jameson, thats waht im looking for waht is your suspension setup bro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in