GS turbo conversion inlet pipe hose solutions - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to jdinneen
GS turbo conversion inlet pipe hose solutions

Well my second-hand but unused "platonoff" conversion inlet pipe came in so I can finally get rid of the td04 inlet pipe that's installed right now...

I went down to the parts bin to try to see how well it'll fit everything and I realized that I have to run a rubber hose from my PCV to one of the ports, that's no problem, I think I even have the proper diameter hose on hand.

The other other port though, for the BPC "R" line, it seems too big for the hoses that are on the BPC?? The hoses on the BPC now are about "washer fluid hose" size and I have some of those laying around and there is no way they will fit on that barb - am I going to have to find some sort of step-down connector piece for vacuum hoses? What a pain if so. How did everyone else approach this?

In the Gensaab catalog Nick describes the hose as "This basic version connects to stock air hose for an economical option. " and I can see on Dimitri's site that he did that, but I can't seem to get mine on there - it seems like the ng900 "accordian" or rubber air box to inlet pipe hose has the exact same inner diameter as the inlet pipe?? I struggled with it for a minute and couldn't get the rubber hose onto the pipe. Am I just not forcing it enough?

I called Nick first but it's 9:30 and understandably no one is going to pick up a business call at the time of night, also I figured it'd be a bit rude to ask for advice on a part I bought second hand I also did a search but no one seems to have had these issues.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
SAAB Road Master

If you can get some sort of rubber lubricant, it will be a big help. I had a bottle laying around, and that made it fairly easy to get the big air intake hose over the top of the inlet pipe, and even let me fit the BPC hose on, even though it had to stretch a fair amount. For the PCV hose, what I did was to cut the metal PCV pipe way down by the air inlet (I think I cut off about 2 inches past the banjo fitting), and then got a small radiator hose with a 180 degree bend from an auto parts store, which connected the PCV pipe and the inlet pipe perfectly.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
just use hot soap mixed with water, works great, especially in cold temp. just run the water as hot as you can, soak the hose for a min, then pull it outta the bucket and slide it on.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggenkid View Post
just use hot soap mixed with water, works great, especially in cold temp. just run the water as hot as you can, soak the hose for a min, then pull it outta the bucket and slide it on.
Man you took the words right out of my mouth. I like to use dish soap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Old 04-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to jdinneen
I shouldn't have doubted Nick's immaculate planning/development skills, the install was easy (aside from clamping an inlet pipe on by yourself in a cramped area from above...) and the hoses did fit no problem.

I ended up using dish soap, just a tiny dab, but made it so much easier! Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in