air fuel ratios? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
TSLMember

air fuel ratios?

Does anybody know what effect the N/A intake manifold has on a/f ratios when running on stock software for a turbo? I would think that it would run lean in lowish to mid RPM's and then rich in high RPM's but I am still curious because I am getting one though the post for postage costs plus a parts trade.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to ohlins8990 Send a message via Yahoo to ohlins8990
If there's a change at all, it should be taken care of by adaption.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
TSLMember

I hope you are correct but I think the change in VE may very well be too much for trionic to deal with. I think maybe a 3.5 bar fuel pressure regulater may keep me from running lean, but at the same time it could very well make the car too rich to get any added bennifit. Plus added fuel consuption.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to ohlins8990 Send a message via Yahoo to ohlins8990
T5 can adapt 25 percent in both directions, not to mention 25% from that when the o2 sensor kicks in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to sethrman
It is not gonna add that much more air to make a difference.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
TSLMember

If it isn't going to fuck stuff up then why don't more people do it? It is worth a good midrange torque boost. Nick got like 20% more torque on his NIRA car, of coarse he tuned for it so I know my increase won't be as dramatic.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
TSLMember

Bueler? I kind of would like an answer to that question.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Because unless you've got a lot of hardware changes and you do a custom tune to make it work with it there isn't any valid gain to make it worthwhile for the trouble to make it fit.

For the money and time spent you could get a better performance gain through bushings and arb to handle stock power even better.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #9
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to brewtide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Because unless you've got a lot of hardware changes and you do a custom tune to make it work with it there isn't any valid gain to make it worthwhile for the trouble to make it fit.

For the money and time spent you could get a better performance gain through bushings and arb to handle stock power even better.

I love it when people TALK OUT THEIR ASS. HINT HINT have you run one?
The gains are freakin' INSANE down low, but it is a compromise. Your numbers get peaky, 3K revs on an MBC'd car becomes insane, but high end tapers.

Have you noted the volume differences of the two, in hand? Or noticed the different length runners to different cylinders?

Corn, on a stocker with an MBC, I'd want to say you are safe. I ran mine for 3 weeks before going staged tune. One thing I want to note is the fact that you MUST make sure the gasket seals correctly, or you will go my route of housing a valve or two. Gets unfun, quickly.

Mine is also for sale, btw, if yours falls through. (cheap, too, perhaps we can trade). I took mine off because stage 4 software + mbc on an automatic was kinda nuts and I had another intake manifold leak so I wanted to try the turbo manifold on. It drives nicer once you get software.

Buy a new gasket and prepare to spend TIME switching it. Getting to the lower 3 bolts on n/a install is a bitch because the large volume space blocking access..

ALso note, you'll have to drain 1/2 the coolant, and 4-5 ground wires (starter, alternator, fuel rail, manifold itself, and ... I think there is another). The wires for the starter and alternator go down through the runners,so you have no choice but to do this. It's really not a fun job, but not 'hard', either. Just did it again the other day...

Also note gasket orientation when reinstalling; It's close to symetrical but not quite... So, watch that shit CLOSELY or you'll have to do it all over again as you piss coolant everywhere... =)

best luck,
bny
Old 04-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
TSLMember

Did you ever get it on a dyno? Why did it start leaking again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in