electronic boost cntrlr Greddy B-spec 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

electronic boost cntrlr Greddy B-spec 2

I have one installed on my car. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm bypassing the apc, not safe or optimal. It came on the car and I sort of like it, plus I'm to lazy to rip it out and figure out how to rewire it to stick in my stg3 ecu.

Anyone have any experience with these? On a Saab?

Any suggested settings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Jak is running something like that on his NG that has the N20 on it. Give him a call if you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Funny, I was just looking for one of those earlier today.
I believe John runs one of those too for when he goes to the track, pretty handy if you're gonna be upping your power anymore and going to the strip is your kind of thing. I'd just keep it on there if I were you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #4
Elder

Funny, I was just looking for one of those earlier today.
I believe John runs one of those too for when he goes to the track, pretty handy if you're gonna be upping your power anymore and going to the strip is your kind of thing. I'd just keep it on there if I were you.

EDIT
Whoops forgot this part..
Just have the boost pretty low for first maybe and then up it a little more in second if you have traction issues there. If not, I'd just lower it only in first. Have fun.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
JZW
Elder

I have one, they can be tricky to tune, its a 25 page manual! I know all the tricks and have a remote button that can switch it from lo setting for first and second gears and then high setting for third and nitrous if you want or whatever.

I like it because one, the solenoid is of much better quality and they don't fail like the 250.00 bpc's and I can run 20psi for around town and bump it up to 25-30 or whatever when I want to race or whatever.

Pm me and I can give you some tips and you can download the entire manual online at greddy!

John
Old 03-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
Elder

john, you're running a boost controller instead of the bpc??
Old 04-01-2008, 04:02 AM   #7
jak
TSLMember

they work great but you just have to keep it reasonable

at $200 a pop for the OE BPC I got tired of it
I have a wideband & other measuring devices
so I know how hard I can push it
I would advise others to uuse it too just be reasonable so that the timing & fuel can still step in & have room enough to help in the event of pre ignition
take care
JAK
Old 04-01-2008, 06:31 AM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to ViggenStory
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
at $200 a pop for the OE BPC I got tired of it
I have a wideband & other measuring devices
so I know how hard I can push it
I would advise others to uuse it too just be reasonable so that the timing & fuel can still step in & have room enough to help in the event of pre ignition
take care
JAK
hey jak are u running this greddy unit with a tune ECU? or stock? i would love to do this to my car. let me know.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:34 AM   #9
lms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViggenStory View Post
hey jak are u running this greddy unit with a tune ECU? or stock? i would love to do this to my car. let me know.
Jak running stock software??? Come on now....
Old 04-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViggenStory View Post
Hahaha. Jak is the man of JSP tuning. I run his software as does JZW and many others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Hahaha. Jak is the man of JSP tuning. I run his software as does JZW and many others.
+1
Old 04-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrang View Post
+1

+1
Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 AM   #13
jak
TSLMember

yeah you cant really run one & get much from it with strock SW because of boost cut & other things not being set up properly
so its best if done using tuned SW as well
but I really do think they are a great combo
take care
JAK
Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 AM   #14
Avid TSL User

Greddy boost controllers.

I have been using the Greddy Profec Boost controllers for almost ten years. I have them all, Profec A, profec B and the newest Profec B Spec ll.
On T5 cars there are a lot of things you can do when used with Upgraded software.
1. Controlling bost overshoots is one of the nice features of the greddy units. On my Aero I can set it so boost goes immediately to 20 psi with no overshoot and stays there until the turbo runs out of steam.
2. Adjust settings differently for track days. Increase boost when using race gas on road courses or lower boost for some of the autocross courses for improved traction.
3. plumbing the profect soleniod in series with the stock boost solenoid can be done if you install a on/off switch to the stock solenoid valve fuse. Both the stock and the Profect valves are essentially flow through when power is cut to the valves. I have a switch pannel in my dash which gives me three positions. Saab ECU controlled boost(Greddy off), Greddy Controlled(Saab off), or base boost(both off), running both on can work but is inconsistant.
4.The newer Speck ll is a good digital boost guage with some memory features.
On T7 cars I wouldn't fool around but I would like to have the flexibility.

I have some old Greddy parts from defunct controllers if anyone is having Some problems.
Gary
Old 04-02-2008, 07:33 AM   #15
JZW
Elder

I love mine for the reasons you stated, I can run 20psi all day around town and with the limiting feature, it will slowly dial back the boost so that over-shoots are a thing of the past, or you can set the start boost closer to the boost level you want if you want it to spike over by a few psi and then settle back down.

You can adjust it to hold more boost later in the rpm or spike hard or reach peak boost smoothly and consistantly... I like it!

The main reason is for racing, I can go from 20-25psi on normal days to 30psi for race gas and nitromethane in my w/m injection.

Its a handly little tool and with the remote button, you can switch from a low boost settin in first or second gear to a high boost setting for third on up.

John
Old 04-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #16

Wow - I should really check a thread once I start one

everyone is running one with different mods.

I really have no idea how to set it up - I bought the car with it already installed

I wouldn't take up a wiring project like this - heck I'm don't even want to disconnect any of it to try the stg3 nordic ecu have sitting around

my dad messed up the original setting it was on when I got the car and I think it's only hitting 10 psi now

anyway

I tried the same hi-mode setting as the example flow chart in the manual - it wasn't pretty

What I would really like to know is what settings anyone else has/suggests

I have a bigger fmic, piping, and exhaust
Old 04-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #17
TSLMember

I had never heard of these things, they sounded pretty neat until I found out they are $432.00 man that's a lot of money. It is probally worth it but still.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #18

yeah they are pretty cool.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:25 AM   #19
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@ View Post
Wow - I should really check a thread once I start one

everyone is running one with different mods.

I really have no idea how to set it up - I bought the car with it already installed

I wouldn't take up a wiring project like this - heck I'm don't even want to disconnect any of it to try the stg3 nordic ecu have sitting around

my dad messed up the original setting it was on when I got the car and I think it's only hitting 10 psi now

anyway

I tried the same hi-mode setting as the example flow chart in the manual - it wasn't pretty

What I would really like to know is what settings anyone else has/suggests

I have a bigger fmic, piping, and exhaust
I guess you missed my post, there is a 25 page manual with it and the entier thing is online at greddy!

So how you do it...

Set the start boost and set gain both to O. Then turn the knob or set boost to about 30 to start and do a wot pull in third or fourth gear and see what the max boost is. Keep adjusting the knob or set boost until the desired boost level is reached.

Then set the set gain to 10, that works best for everybody! Then place the start boost at 4-5psi below the boost level you are running and it will not over-shoot, if you want it to spike and over-shoot, you would place the start boost closer or 2-3psi before the boost level you want to run.

So, if you set it up to run 15psi, set the start boost to 10-11psi and set gain to 10.

Now the limiter, set that at the boost level you do not want to go over and the % level is the % level the controller will reduce boost if you go over the set amount of boost. I use between 5-20%. If it over-shoots, it will reduce the boost 5-20% or whatever you set it at.

After a few pulls, the liimiter function will pull the boost back and back if you are over-shooting until it stabilizes at the setting of boost you have it set at.

Re: Set Gain= 10,
Start boost = 5psi below peak boost setting.
Limiter = The amount of boost you do not want to go over % is how much the boost will be lowered.

Set-boost = Knob, dial to set the amount of boost.

RE: My settings for gt3071 at 27psi are Set boost at 73% Set gain 10, start boost 2450psi. Limiter set at 5% and 29psi...

Good Luck,

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in