Just dropped almost 1G with Nick - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to sethrman
Just dropped almost 1G with Nick

I was just wondering what you thought of my purchases on Genuinesaab.com. I'm getting my black '99 9-3 ready for spring and all the shows/track days that come along with it. I bought:
1. Brembo Slotted Rotors Front/Rear
2. Hawk HPS Pads Front
3. Satisfied Ceramic Pads Rear
4. Goodridge Steel-Braided Brake Lines
5. Genuinesaab Front Sway Bar Bushings
6. Genuinesaab 25.5mm Rear Sway Bar
7. Genuinesaab Leather Shift Boot/Knob
8. Genuinesaab Dual Pillar Pods
9. Forge Black Blow-Off Valve

I hope to install this all next weekend and I will include pics at that time along with results. I'm also doing some other things to it as well. I'm putting an Autometer Pro-Comp Boost gauge and A/F gauge in using the pods. I'm gonna paint my calipers black. And cover my A,B,C pillars, headliner and door inserts in black suede.

Lastly, what brake fluid would you guys recommend?
Thank you!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethrman View Post
I was just wondering what you thought of my purchases on Genuinesaab.com. I'm getting my black '99 9-3 ready for spring and all the shows/track days that come along with it. I bought:
1. Brembo Slotted Rotors Front/Rear
2. Hawk HPS Pads Front
3. Satisfied Ceramic Pads Rear
4. Goodridge Steel-Braided Brake Lines
5. Genuinesaab Front Sway Bar Bushings
6. Genuinesaab 25.5mm Rear Sway Bar
7. Genuinesaab Leather Shift Boot/Knob
8. Genuinesaab Dual Pillar Pods
9. Forge Black Blow-Off Valve

I hope to install this all next weekend and I will include pics at that time along with results. I'm also doing some other things to it as well. I'm putting an Autometer Pro-Comp Boost gauge and A/F gauge in using the pods. I'm gonna paint my calipers black. And cover my A,B,C pillars, headliner and door inserts in black suede.

Lastly, what brake fluid would you guys recommend?
Thank you!
Hmmm... how original

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
Hmmm... how original
Actually sir, no one will believe it except my friends, but I had the same idea WAY before you did yours. But thanks for being an ass.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:04 PM   #4
User
Elder

Quote:
Actually sir, no one will believe it except my friends, but I had the same idea WAY before you did yours. But thanks for being an ass.
Really? Because I had them on my SPG over 2 years ago... so I highly doubt it, sir. But keep dreaming

And the other difference is, I actually did mine, wasn't just an idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Really? Because I had them on my SPG over 2 years ago... so I highly doubt it, sir. But keep dreaming
Well i guess it doesn't matter if you have it now or not as you don't have a lisence. Ooooo, burn.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
User
Elder

Quote:
Well i guess it doesn't matter if you have it now or not as you don't have a lisence. Ooooo, burn.
What? You truly are an idiot. And btw, I'll have my license back in like 17 days.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
Zach, im sure your not the first or last to use suede in your car. I cant believe your comments.

G/L on your car sethrman
Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #8
User
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDynamic View Post
Zach, im sure your not the first or last to use suede in your car. I cant believe your comments.

G/L on your car sethrman
Oh, I know that... Don't worry.... you just don't know this kid and the reasons he is doing it... Hell, I did crowley's a-pillars...

This kid pisses everyone in our area off... but I guess you can't really tell from the internet.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Quote:

G/L on your car sethrman
Thank you very much. Good luck to you as well.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Nah, you just don't know this kid and the reasons he is doing it... Hell, I did crowley's a-pillars...

This kid pisses everyone in our area off... but I guess you can't really tell from the internet.
What the HELL is that supposed to mean? You don't know me either, and why don't you tell me MY reasons for doing it huh?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

Well, the posts have failed to be informative or supportive and didn't answer the question seth asked.

zingzach, it was kind of immature of you to start this. a person can do what he want and you can support it or keep to yourself. sad to say, but you launched the first strike.

seth isn't trying to piss anyone off. suede inserts look good, that's all. you probably know this since you have done it yourself.

anyways, here is some brake fluid data from saablink

DRY: 401F -- WET: 284F --- DOT3
DRY: 446F -- WET: 311F --- DOT4
DRY: 502F -- WET: 343F --- VALVOLINE SYNPOWER
DRY: 509F -- WET: 365F --- MOTUL 5.1
DRY: 527F -- WET: 302F --- AP RACING 551
DRY: 536F -- WET: 392F --- ATE SUPERBLUE/TYP200
DRY: 550F -- WET: 290F --- FORD HD
DRY: 590F -- WET: 410F --- AP RACING 600
DRY: 590F -- WET: 518F --- CASTROL SRF
DRY: 593F -- WET: 420F --- MOTUL RBF600
DRY: 610F -- WET: 421F --- NEO-SYNTHETIC SUPER DOT 610
Old 03-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #12
Elder

You both should stop this. Who cares what he does with his car? I mean come on, don't resort to personal attacks. I feel like we are going to the ways of a BMW community or something.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #13
User
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong View Post
Well, the posts have failed to be informative or supportive and didn't answer the question seth asked.

zingzach, it was kind of immature of you to start this. a person can do what he want and you can support it or keep to yourself. sad to say, but you launched the first strike.

seth isn't trying to piss anyone off. suede inserts look good, that's all. you probably know this since you have done it yourself.

anyways, here is some brake fluid data from saablink

DRY: 401F -- WET: 284F --- DOT3
DRY: 446F -- WET: 311F --- DOT4
DRY: 502F -- WET: 343F --- VALVOLINE SYNPOWER
DRY: 509F -- WET: 365F --- MOTUL 5.1
DRY: 527F -- WET: 302F --- AP RACING 551
DRY: 536F -- WET: 392F --- ATE SUPERBLUE/TYP200
DRY: 550F -- WET: 290F --- FORD HD
DRY: 590F -- WET: 410F --- AP RACING 600
DRY: 590F -- WET: 518F --- CASTROL SRF
DRY: 593F -- WET: 420F --- MOTUL RBF600
DRY: 610F -- WET: 421F --- NEO-SYNTHETIC SUPER DOT 610
Nothing on Seths car is original. He either copied it from me, teddy or bummer. Really copied Teddy though. This is also a kid that never even liked Saabs... and then goes out and buys the SAME exact one as Ted.

He thinks he knows everything because he goes to some car tech school, but doesn't know what type of brake fluid to run.

He tries telling Nick Taliaferro that Nick is wrong about the A/F reading on his car.... You thought your turbo was blown because you had trace amounts of oil in your ic pipes.

Over and out, I'm going to bed.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #14
Avid TSL User

Thank you Fong for actually answering my post and sticking up for me.
Much appreciated.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #15
User
Elder

Oh, and as for brake fluid, ATE Super Blue.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #16
Elder

Pretty much everyone in the saab community copies one another, thats what we do. If you do something outside of the "norm" you get told it will never work. OR when it does work everyone tries to pretend that they always knew it would and then they copy you.

The point of places like GS is so everyone can have the same parts and "copy" one another. They offer good products but if your buying it then don't pretend for a second that you are doing something no one else has.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #17
Elder

Oh ya, that sounded bad. Thats not to insult Nick and the development he does, im just talking about standard parts like the ones being discussed in this thread.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #18
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Pretty much everyone in the saab community copies one another, thats what we do. If you do something outside of the "norm" you get told it will never work. OR when it does work everyone tries to pretend that they always knew it would and then they copy you.

The point of places like GS is so everyone can have the same parts and "copy" one another. They offer good products but if your buying it then don't pretend for a second that you are doing something no one else has.
THANK YOU!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:31 PM   #19
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Nothing on Seths car is original. He either copied it from me, teddy or bummer. Really copied Teddy though. This is also a kid that never even liked Saabs... and then goes out and buys the SAME exact one as Ted.

He thinks he knows everything because he goes to some car tech school, but doesn't know what type of brake fluid to run.

He tries telling Nick Taliaferro that Nick is wrong about the A/F reading on his car.... You thought your turbo was blown because you had trace amounts of oil in your ic pipes.

Over and out, I'm going to bed.
I never said I know everything, and as far as the A/F goes, I was only relating my experiences with it. As for copying you guys, I purchased my car after you three and am not made of money so I was looking to you three for ideas and your know-how. I DID have respect for you zack, I still have it for Ted and Bummer. I don't try to piss people off, I really don't. I'm just not scared to say things. I DID NOT copy the suede idea from you, I just looked to your post for tips as you have experience with it. But I guess if i'm gonna be ostrasized for asking for advice then fine, screw it.

p.s. If I did copy you, shouldn't that actually be a compliment.

Last edited by sethrman; 03-14-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #20
User
Elder

If anyone knew the half of it... I'm sure you guys would be just as pissed. I could care less if he copied my car. But its not my car he is really copying. Its ted's. And they live within like 5 miles of each other. One town with 2 identical cars. Kind of annoying. Especially after all of teds hard work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in