BSR or SaabSport exhaust? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Saabinduction Send a message via MSN to Saabinduction Send a message via Yahoo to Saabinduction
BSR or SaabSport exhaust?

Well, I've heard "Seth leaving hooters" video and I've heard Adidas 07's video with the BSR.

What do you guys think?
Sound?
Price?
Overall quality?

I've noticed that neither of the cars has that "gurgle" sound when your RPMs are falling. A nice crisp, smooth sound.

Suggestions?
I'm looking for something under 500 bucks. Doesn't need to be really loud. But I'd like something more aggressive than stock.......

(by the way, what DOES make that gurgle sound? I hate it.......sounds like a badly done Civic......)

2003 9-5 Aero manual
2003 9-5 Linear auto
2003 9-3 Arc 6-Speed
1999 9-3 Base manual (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
The saabsport on my ng900 doesn't really gurgle....its kind of difficult to describe. Compared to the JT on my 9000 its WAY loud though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
My brother has the saab sport exhaust on his 9-3 now and it sounds good, but alittle too loud i think. It eliminates the center muffler, so its only the rear sport muffler. It sounds nice from inside the car, but it rather obnoxious at WOT. The BSR has the sport center muffler and second muffler and i think it gives a nicer more refined sound. anyways i think the saab sport exhaust is almost impossible to find now. I believe Genuine saab doesn't have any left, and my brother got his used off saabnet.com
good luck

Old 03-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Avid TSL User

I have the Saabsport and down pipe and to tell u the truth mine is really loud compared to others that i have heard..its pretty annoying and would like to quiet it down..here is a sound clip http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=100_0320.flv
Old 03-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Just so you know mine is an 2.3 non turbo.
I recommend the BSR it does have the two mufflers which does give it a nice sound.
I know the saab sport exhaust, is discontinued on the Saabsite.com
so it may be hard to find else where as well.
2007 Cbr600

Last edited by adidas_007; 03-13-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggenkid View Post
The BSR has the sport center muffler and second muffler and i think it gives a nicer more refined sound.
i'll agree. i've been able to frequently drive a 9-3 with BSR catback [also intake/BOV] and it sounds wicked. very refined... soft, yet aggressive... hard to explain, i'll try to post a clip since its nice out...
Old 03-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

This is what my 3" DP plus Saab Sport exhaust sounds like, from a distance, WOT. I like the sound but honestly I feel like it draws too much attention, so I don't give it the boot around town much. On track is another matter....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqHHQ_FpL_s
Old 03-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to ViggenStory
3INCH JT TURBOBACK ALL THE WAY. 600 bucks and you get performance out of it as well.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
Elder

Well what you could do is get the center resonator taken out, replaced with a straight pipe, and get a high flow cat and muffler.

That could be done for around $200.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
I have a three inch DP with the Saab Sport Catback....I personally think it sounds great...it purrs at idle,it doesn't drone at cruise, and at WOT it sounds wicked. Plus it's stainless to boot. Back when I bought mine it was $380 and was a helluva a deal....they are getting hard to find now. I'd recommend the BSR for a mellower sound.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #11

I have the Sabb Sport exhaust on my 99 9-3 SE, when I first got it it was rather quiet, I was a bit dissapointed. But now a couple months later, its gotten quite a bit louder, I like it, just how a performance car should sound. I definately get the lift throttle "gurgle" and pop. I got mine from GS, its stainless of course, and I would recommend it.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #12

I always loved the way my Saab Sport sounded. It had an awesome burble and nice break up on decel. It sounded even better with the 3" DP.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Saabinduction Send a message via MSN to Saabinduction Send a message via Yahoo to Saabinduction
8ValveGrowl. I would love to meet up in Burlington sometime soon so I can listen to your car. (I'm in Waterbury/Stowe) My biggest problem is that NO one out here does anything to their cars unless it's a Civic/Integra/Eclipse.......

I gotta hear it! lol.

Thanks for the info guys, anything else to say, keep it coming!

Is there anyone else in the Central Vermont area, or West Leb/White River area Or the Burlington area that has the BSR? I'd love to hear it in person too. I can go about 50 miles or so to meet someone, but until I get my new summers on I can't go further since I'm on a spare (since 2 days ago). It sucks, but I'm not buying all new winters when I'm buying all new summers in a month. lol. (Plus rims for the summers too!)

FYI, my car is a 99 9-3 with the 2.0Turbo.

Buying is still a month or so away (waiting for my buddy's taxes to come in, he owes me 300 bucks, plus Aflak Insurance owes me 250) but I'd like to get first hand knowledge of them.

In everyone's mind, what do you think, Gurgle is bad or good?

By the way, that sound clip of that SaabSport I admit is loud as hell and I can see it might get annoying after a while, but wow does it sound freakin' sweet.

The BSR I think is more what I'm looking for, but the sound MAY be too mellow. I don't know. I would really like to hear them both. I am in a constant battle. I want my car to be quiet and not TOO noticed by normal everyday drivers, but then again I have to admit, I'd love to open up every great once in a while and have people go "HOLY CRAP that's awesome!" All my previous cars were small engine, nothing too special. I never got an exhaust. Ever. It was always stock setup for me. Never really had nice nice rims. And while I don't want to go ricer-boy, I still realize, "hey, I'm 26, I just got out of a 3 1/2 year relationship, it's freakin' TIME to do it NOW, because in 5-10 years, I'm going to trading back in for a minivan.

So ON with the BSR or SaabSport, ON with the BOV, and ON with the ASA AR1 rims. (in 16 inch of course since I live in pot-hole and frost heave central and I won't be getting a suspension.)

Too bad the SaabSport is so hard to find. Maybe I won't even be able to get a SaabSport anyway. Life just may make the decision for me....sucks.

2003 9-5 Aero manual
2003 9-5 Linear auto
2003 9-3 Arc 6-Speed

Last edited by Saabinduction; 03-13-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
I love my saab sport on my 95 ng900.

^CLICK ME^
Old 03-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #15

Also, I keep hearing about a Remus muffler? is that the SaabSport? I keep hearing about it in the same threads as SaabSport.

2003 9-5 Aero manual
2003 9-5 Linear auto
2003 9-3 Arc 6-Speed

Old 03-14-2008, 03:07 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Remus is not the same as a Saabsport.

Saabsport is 2.5" ss from the flex pipe back w/one round muffler. The Remus is something completely different.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:46 AM   #17

Well, I was able to find the rear muffler for the SaabSport, but not the other parts. It was 392 bucks plus shipping.......

I think that for 407 plus shipping I'll get the BSR kit from Genuine Saab, unless anyone knows a cheaper place?

I'd still like to meet up with some folks and listen to their setups though.

2003 9-5 Aero manual
2003 9-5 Linear auto
2003 9-3 Arc 6-Speed

Old 03-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #18
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
Hey, My car is off the road at the moment (all I have are summer tires, so I drive an old Subie in the winter).

I have a BSR cat back on my 9-5 and a SaabSport on my 9-3, so if you want to do a back to back comparison, I can do it for ya. I live in Monkton Ridge (5 minutes south of Hinesburg), so let me know if you want to meet up at some point.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:19 AM   #19

Sounds good.
I have tue and wed off every week. It's best for me on those days, but I don't see why I can't meet up before work either. I work 3pm-11pm normally.

Your 9-5 is the 2.3 NA? and the 9-3 is the 2.0T?

2003 9-5 Aero manual
2003 9-5 Linear auto
2003 9-3 Arc 6-Speed

Old 03-14-2008, 04:47 AM   #20
Elder

i can get you a sound clip of the saabsport on a viggen on monday...might even sell you that saabsport if you want lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in