Saab og9-3 Coupé 500bhp project! (now with G-tech #)) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 04:57 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via ICQ to 9-3 Mike Send a message via MSN to 9-3 Mike
Saab og9-3 Coupé 500bhp project! (now with DYNO #))

Here's some info om my project!
clips and pictures on my site http://www.twinpipe.se

It's a Saab 9-3 2,0T/185bhp Coupe -98. Trionic 5.

Engine: B 204R 2,0 turbo 16V Trionic 5. New intake pipe from IC 2,5" with 3" pipe-attachement to the throttle housing. 3" exhaust from the turbo all the way to the rear axle. From rear axle double 3" with 2 Apple Racing Components 3" mufflers. Valeo Racing Intercooler. Injectors, Siemens 620cc @ 3bar. Special fuelpump ~550bhp. Handmade stainless steel manifold, made by www.pipe-arts.com. Precision Mitsubishi SCM34 Turbo - 545 hp A/R, 63 Turbine Wheel Trim 76

Transmission: sinter clutch for +410 ft lbs.
Extra re-inforced racing gearbox with modified ratios and stronger, wider (cog-wheels)(?) Slip differential. Short shift. and axles from 9-5 Aero -03.

Performance
0-60mph in 5,9sec
0-87mph in 8,8sec
60-94mph in 2,85sec (see clip on my site)
Unadjusted: 411whp according to Rototest Dynorun.

Chassis: lowered 35mm H&R springs. All bushings in front supension is changed to polurethane bushings.

Rims, tires and brakes: Porsche 993 calipers och 993TT discs. Not mounted yet. 8x19" ATP 5 Razze with Dunlop SP 9000 Sport 235/35-19"

Interior: Viggen interior. Panel painted in car colour (cosmic blue)
(notice the speedometer)click pic

Exterior: Complete Viggen front, New front is beeing custom made right now! sideskirts, back and Viggen wing.

Enjoy!

Pressure Pipes!

Manifold munted!
More pics of the manifold @ http://www.pipe-arts.com/saab.html

Feel free to ask and comment on my project!

More info in swedish and photos here! and here!

Pipe-Arts homepage
My webpage:www.twinpipe.se

NEW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1/8mile = 8,807sec @ 87,1mph

Last edited by 9-3 Mike; 12-13-2005 at 06:18 AM. Reason: I want it to say DYNO# not g-tech in the headline...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
something tells me that another vendor is in the making..... , can't wait to see how you make those kind of ponies...

and all because I was looking for a nice twin exhaust system like yours ...

Nice work...
Old 12-14-2004, 07:32 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

how much have u dynoed in the car before... or is this just another estimate
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 12-14-2004, 07:49 AM   #4
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricot83
What is an estimate? There's no estimated figures here!..
The new setup will be dynoed though!..

NEW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-14-2004, 08:19 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-3 Mike
Quote:
What is an estimate? There's no estimated figures here!..
The new setup will be dynoed though!..
Hey you're here too!

Nice car, nice turbo .... and technically, for now, it is just a power-estimate.

Make sure to let us know how those headers hold up.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:56 AM   #6

basically what i was asking is do u have any dyno charts from before or not...
Old 12-14-2004, 10:00 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Basically what i was asking is do u have any dyno charts from before or not...
No why would I want them?
That's old now.. It's been tested at nordic giving 270bhp and 410Nm. (303Lbft)

NEW:

Old 12-14-2004, 10:23 AM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
Uh oooh..

here we go..
Old 12-14-2004, 10:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Quote:
Basically what i was asking is do u have any dyno charts from before or not...
No why would I want them?
That's old now.. It's been tested at nordic giving 270bhp and 410Nm. (303Lbft)
well i would want my own cars dyno numbers not some other car with the same parts dynoed
Old 12-14-2004, 10:29 AM   #10
Avid TSL User

Quote:
well i would want my own cars dyno numbers not some other car with the same parts dynoed
Please tell me what THIS has to do with my project? Or are you just so jelous at what I'm doing so you have to have something to "complain" about?? Tell me please, I'm curious! And where is your dyno charts????

FYI: It's been dynoed to 280bhp and 420Nm @ nordic. I pushed my numbers DOWN, not up! The 1/4mile time speaks for it self!

NEW:

Old 12-14-2004, 11:55 AM   #11
SAAB Road Master

That is kind of an aggressive response, don't you think? I am not sure it was warranted. He is just trying to get a baseline dyno chart. Thus far you have only made statements not supported by charts that show the progression of the tuning. He is not attacking you so an aggressive response is not necessary.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:04 PM   #12
Elder

come on guys no need to start anything. I sure he was just asking your last dyno numbers to back up some results against Nordics claimed results.

Nice car by the way, those headers look awesome, how long did it take for him to make those? How much$

Also are you changing the pistons on the car? Do you have some more info on your transmission, like a website that you had it done at? Cost?

What are you expecting for boost threshold on your car with this turbo?

I assuming that your having Nordic do the tuning for you, car looks good, how difficult was it to change the axles from 9-5 Aero -03. Also are the axles on a aero different then the axles on a non 9-5 Aero?

Nice job,

Dan
Old 12-14-2004, 12:09 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Here's mine. For my mods, I thought something was a bit fishy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 12-14-2004, 12:38 PM   #14
Avid TSL User

KevinY:
I'm in no way agressive. I'm just questioning the need of old dyno charts? I mean, I'm doing a new project. Who want's old papers? everything is beeing changed!

The headers took around a working day I think! Cost is ~760$
The pistons on the Trionic5 engine don't need to be changed below 500bhp as long as there's sufficient cooling and enough fuel. I know some driving 550+ with standard pistons and rods! no problem!
Gearbox from www.dc-racingteam.com They do not take orders. I know a mechanic from the team.

I can probably quite easily boost 30Psi.. But in version #1 of the engine for this summer the boost will probably be around 24,6-26,2 Psi.

The axles fit right on. Almost plug n' play. The ABS wreath is a bit bigger. There fore you'll need to grind/polish the inside of the balljoint(???)(Not sure about the name in english. Marked with red)

Yes, the 9-5 Aero has stronger more sturdier axles than the rest of the 9-5 models.

NEW:

Old 12-14-2004, 01:39 PM   #15
SAAB Road Master

Mike, is your ultimate objective to build a car like Roberts? You talk about reducing track times as the most important thing. Or are you building a general purpose car?

It will be interesting to see how your car performs in the end. As you may or may not know, Frank and I have tuned a couple cars together and the current project is very similar to yours. So, at some point in the future we will be able to do a straight up head-to-head comparison to the two cars. Kinda a Nordic vs SQR challenge. Your intake looks like the one I made last April and Jesus made an exhaust manifold for me that is a different style than yours. I will post a pic later as I recently totally redesigned my web site and need to update the pics.[/quote]
Old 12-14-2004, 01:51 PM   #16
Avid TSL User

Hey!

No, I'm not trying to copy Roberth.. I'm doing my owm concept! I will push some laps but the car is for general use.. just having a fun saab and going to some saab-meets and some exibitions!. The car will be full with audio equipment and so on, so I'll leave the pushing down lap times for others!

Are you the one making that limeyellow ng900 with EVO scoop on the hood?
The intakeside of the turbo isn't quite done yet. Do you mean the pressure pipe to the throttle housing? I made that one march -04.
Sure we can compare. This summer will only be version #1 though. Not putting out more than ~420-430bhp @ the crank!

NEW:

Old 12-14-2004, 03:57 PM   #17
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Welcome to the site Mike.

Very nice setup you have going there. Its good to see some T5s headed up to the 500bhp range.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 12-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Quote:
Please tell me what THIS has to do with my project? Or are you just so jelous at what I'm doing so you have to have something to "complain" about?? Tell me please, I'm curious! And where is your dyno charts????

FYI: It's been dynoed to 280bhp and 420Nm @ nordic. I pushed my numbers DOWN, not up! The 1/4mile time speaks for it self!
i was just wondering what u were going up FROM.... also 1/4 mile times mean nothing when it comes to power i can show u tons of cars running 12s or 10s or 9s whatever... u can guess how much power they have by using their /4 times and i bet ud b off.... o and actually i do have dyno charts for my power ... so what?http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/578615/5
i am not jealous at all about your car dude... i could care less for starters i drive an automatic car that ran a best time of 15.2 at the track at 94mph... how much power would u think that puts down.... if i went by times i would say maybe it only puts down like 180 which in fact was what i was expecting it to put to the wheels when i dynoed the car.... but guess what it put down 219whp and only 217ftlbs..... all im shooting for is a car that can put close to 300 crank hp without software and ill b happy and the only mod i have left to do aside from all the porting i have done is to put on a 3" dp... so i dont think it will b that far off... i like your car i like what uve done... i just dont like your attitude and cockiness.... its ok not to b the best.... my goal for times in the 1/4 is to run a low 14 and then i will park the car and start building my jeep to go offroading .period end of story
Old 12-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #19

also if anyone has dyno charts of their cars can u post them maybe even start a post just for dyno charts, i want to compare mods done on other cars with their dyno charts, for instance ben's dyno seems low i think but i dunno for sure what mods he has...the reason i ask this favor, is my car made rediculous numbers for the mods i have at the time, but this seems to hold true with most of the newer t7s i figured with 15% loss i might have around 260whp... so my estimate for minimum hp added from the mp 3" dp would b around 15whp... which would put me around 235whp if not more because of other mods done, which again estimating would put the car around 276.... maybe ill need that software after all... what do u guys think?... the dp added around 15whp oin a completely stock 9-3

Mike: what mods did u have done when u dynoed 280 just out of curiosity, i would like to compare t5 power to mine.

General: can anyone explain how to interpret Nick T's dyno charts some have descriptions of what was done others do not
Old 12-14-2004, 09:40 PM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
We have a post for dyno charts...I'll find it.....

https://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforu...pic.php?t=2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in