Torque steer clamp on sale - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
Torque steer clamp on sale

Just thought I'd post for those of you with ng900/9-3's that want a cheap solution. They're from Matt at the defunct mpperformance. I have a GS one so i can only speculate on their performance vs Nick's
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MP-Pe...em290206810223

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
TSLMember

I just got one, I asked him why he doesnt sell the brace with it and he said the brace is not necesary
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
sab
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Love to get a RHD version... without paying thru the anus at Abbott in the UK! GS, PFS and Elkparts dont stock a RHD clamp and brace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:00 AM   #4
Elder

95$ total? What was it normally???

I have the Version 1 MP Clamp & brace and noticed the difference immediately and still do. Its not half as nice looking as that one though
Old 02-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Does this suffer the rubber wearing out or sliding issue still?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 02-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
If you are asking about my v1... I've had it for 25,000 miles+ and no problems at all,

besides it making servicing the car (Alternator especially) more of a pain.

I had heard about the problems and mine was an early one but have had no issues. Just had it off for a new rack in october and it looked new.

If you are asking about the one on sale I am sorry.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to BluAero
Quote:
Originally Posted by jota69 View Post
I just got one, I asked him why he doesnt sell the brace with it and he said the brace is not necesary
I've seen these on ebay before for like 100 + shipping. Did you install it yet? Worthwhile or no?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
The new one pictured shows no rubber so I'd assume not.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluAero View Post
I've seen these on ebay before for like 100 + shipping. Did you install it yet? Worthwhile or no?
I was looking to get one for a while and it was like $99 + shipping and when I saw it for $75 I got it right away. Mine got shipped today so it should be arriving next week, Ill let you guys know the difference it makes because I currently have a stage 4 tune and I get a lot of torque steer.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:19 AM   #10
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrplyr View Post
They're from Matt at the defunct mpperformance.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MP-Pe...em290206810223
Defunct? Don't think so.....I know Matthew and far as I know MP is still around and now focussing on the 9.3ss. I've seen the clamps and they do look very nicely machined and finished.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #11
Elder

I said defunct because i've gone to their website to order and got nothing awhile back. Many have had the same issues. Maybe it's up and running again but until someone other than me wants to order and actually gets their product, I say defunct. Getting products via ebay through Matt hasn't been a problem, but the website, I'm hesitant.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #12
Flirting With TSL Addiction

i have one of these... the brace is not needed because its got a wider stance on it... it also does not need the rubber, its made of aluminum and tightens right up to the thickness of the steering rac... and allows for NO movement... this item is very nice and at $75 is a steal... Jak sells the exact same thing for $125 so if that says anything...
Old 02-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #13
Elder

i'd pick one up but the 96 and lower have a different steering rack thickness i've been told and it won't work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in