optiflow JR filter question - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 07:06 AM   #1
Trollerator
Elder

optiflow JR filter question

this filter is pre-oiled from the factory? or do I need to oil it before install.

sorry for the dumb question, don't wanna over-oil it and gunk up the MAF sensor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2004, 07:20 AM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Mine came oiled but it was just the filter and not the kit. You should be able to feel it and tell.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-24-2004, 07:30 AM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

it's a little greasy around the base, must be oiled...

"Already at the factory we charge the filter with a special oil of blue colour. "
jrfilters.com

I guess that answers my question.....

thanks for the help. how often do you need to clean it? Damn instructions are all in Swedish!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 11-24-2004, 08:17 AM   #4
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Clean it every 20 -30k depending on how dirty it gets.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 11-24-2004, 08:20 AM   #5
Trollerator
Elder

Nick to the rescue! Thanks...

hopefully I have time to slap this bad boy on my car this weekend, can't wait!

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-24-2004, 10:52 AM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Let me know if you need any help. (although it's pretty easy)
I've installed a couple of them now......
once on my 2000
then on my 2001 when my 2000 was wrecked
I'll probably be around this weekend.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:08 AM   #7
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k193turbo
Let me know if you need any help. (although it's pretty easy)
I've installed a couple of them now......
once on my 2000
then on my 2001 when my 2000 was wrecked
I'll probably be around this weekend.
did you remove your resonator box thing?

Thanks for the offer for help, PM me your number so I know how to get a hold of you if I do encounter trouble.

unfortunately I cannot offer you a ride in the stage 1 until spring, i have my stock ECU in because I got my studded snows on just yesterday, preparing for the white stuff that is supposed to come this weekend... the maptun box would shred my snows in like 2 days. they are very very soft and are not made for "performance" but I gotta say they RULE in the worst possible winter driving conditions.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-29-2004, 07:50 AM   #8
Trollerator
Elder

easy install, much easier than I expected. Although trying to get my hands into the small space to unmount the airbox and resonator thing were tricky.

now I can actually hear my BPV recirculate the boost, sounds like a BOV but much more tame--defintely not the RFL kind! my girlfriend has already started to go "pssssshhh!" at me when we are driving around if she is unhappy with how fast i am going... kind of telling me to let off the throttle...so it will "pssshh"

the blue JR filter looks sweet next to my new "acid blue" hyperboost HX.

i think I may get my new octopus bar done in a similar "viggen" blue or candy blue as well.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
The filter looks good! Glad to see I am not the only one who is looking to go Blue and Black on the engine bay. Those are the best colors!!!

Old 11-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #10
Trollerator
Elder

I figured, the filter is blue, so i got the blue valve. And the most common engine dress up color is red, so another reason to go blue.

actually, I will be leaving most stuff stock black but do some blue accents like the strut bar, some silicone hosing when the rubber dries out....and I have some carbon fiber accents planned as well to tie in the look with my cf interior....

at some point when I get new brakes I am going to have the calipers powder coated Viggen blue as well.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in