Dyno'd Saabs - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Dyno'd Saabs

When I first joined the 'other' forum awhile back, I asked for this same thing. Information like this is always useful in different ways so any dyno sheets that you have to offer would be nice. Thanks.

Branden
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
Elder

https://saablink.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88
Old 12-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
Elder

Whoops! Forgot to goto the search bar before even doing this. Sorry!
I think I did that at the other forum when I first did this and I couldn't find any so I just assumed. It's nice to have them all in one place, though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
Elder

Also...forgot to mention...I wanted a little more detailed description of the mods everyone has. A lot of people say 'stage 3...stage 4...stage 17...', but there's not really a clear cut definiton of the stages.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Elder

the general or performance forum for each vehicle generally has a "what have you done" thread, with detailed descriptions of mods, etc

https://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15435
Old 12-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrang View Post
Also...forgot to mention...I wanted a little more detailed description of the mods everyone has. A lot of people say 'stage 3...stage 4...stage 17...', but there's not really a clear cut definiton of the stages.
anything stage 1-5 has a defined set of mods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
Elder

I'm aware, but different tuners have different definitions of the stages. And they won't all necessarily include other things that aren't included in those i.e. w/m or 2.3 conversion. I know there are different stages and know what they generally mean but I'm talking more specific. Stage 3 SQR is different from Stage 3 JSP. Each part makes a difference and that's what I'm interested in.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Quote:
Theres also custom stuff...

For example I've got a 2.3L in my ng900 with a 9000 Aero turbo...tuned on the road (not mailbox).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
Theres also custom stuff...

For example I've got a 2.3L in my ng900 with a 9000 Aero turbo...tuned on the road (not mailbox).
Exactly. That's what I mean. And a tuner may give an expected output from their sw/matching hw but I want to see real numbers from people ranging from stock to not so stock. My car's in the wrong place to dyno at the moment and so I'd really like to know around where I stand or where I would stand if so and so is done etc. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:05 PM   #10
Elder

Well the previous owner of my ng managed 286whp/340wtq with the current state of tune. Other stuff on the car besides what I posted above is a 3" intake, 3" GS dp, 2.5" saabsport catback, Forge IC, Forge bov.

I've yet to get my 9000 Aero on a dyno to see what it'll do.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:27 PM   #11
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
I have not dynoed my new car yet, but one with the same setup put down 340/390 at the wheels.

2.3 swap
GT3071r
SQR road tune
60# injectors
3" exhaust
Intake
JSP front mount

I'll add to the "proof" thread when I hit the rollers.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:25 PM   #12
Elder

Quote:
I'm aware, but different tuners have different definitions of the stages. And they won't all necessarily include other things that aren't included in those i.e. w/m or 2.3 conversion. I know there are different stages and know what they generally mean but I'm talking more specific. Stage 3 SQR is different from Stage 3 JSP. Each part makes a difference and that's what I'm interested in.
ill hold back my laughter on that one.

all the tuners stages 1-4 will make near identical power with slight differences in the powerbands. all the lower stages require exactly the same extras no matter who you go to.

mike - you will make between 255 and 265whp guranteed.

palmer - you will make between 335 and 345whp

im psychic i know these things.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
We taking bets, she made 245 before the 2.3 - and that was with a slipping clutch and 20-30 minutes before I kicked that motor.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:07 PM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
We taking bets, she made 245 before the 2.3 - and that was with a slipping clutch and 20-30 minutes before I kicked that motor.

He might have been talking about the 9000. He's probably not far off...it was able to pull on Nick's 9-5.

The ng...

Old 12-31-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
JK
Elder

I kinda want to see what the Aero is making these days...I am sure that the turbo is WAAAAY outside its efficiency range, but I've been bit and I won't want to give up the power

Palmer - when/if you decide to put the j-car on the rollers please let me know, I would like to put the Aero up too now it everything seems to be "sorted out" and its probably making full power.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:23 PM   #16
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Quote:

I bet I make a bit more. Mine has a "mean streak" according to mike saunders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post
Palmer - when/if you decide to put the j-car on the rollers please let me know, I would like to put the Aero up too now it everything seems to be "sorted out" and its probably making full power.

K. I'll call RS, and see what they are doing right now as far as that goes.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:29 PM   #17
Elder

Quote:
ill hold back my laughter on that one.

all the tuners stages 1-4 will make near identical power with slight differences in the powerbands. all the lower stages require exactly the same extras no matter who you go to.

Nearly identical power. What's making the difference? The point is, I want to know what people are really making, not just what the tuners are suggesting. Stage 3ish will all make near 250-260hp. But I keep seeing dyno slips that aren't showing that much and I want to know why. And not all of them are asking for the exact same stuff, some suggest an uprated intercooler but some don't say anything about it for example. I don't give a damn if it's 'nearly' identical to the next tuner, I wanna know what's making the difference and I want dynoslips to help me with that and the mods to accompany them. Thank you.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
Well the previous owner of my ng managed 286whp/340wtq with the current state of tune. Other stuff on the car besides what I posted above is a 3" intake, 3" GS dp, 2.5" saabsport catback, Forge IC, Forge bov.

I've yet to get my 9000 Aero on a dyno to see what it'll do.
Nice, yours seems like something to shoot for but I've been doing a lot of reading on the Holsets so I've been collecting part by part for that. So you haven't dyno'd since?
Old 12-31-2007, 07:22 PM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Saaboy Send a message via MSN to Saaboy
Quote:
i want numbers
sir, unfortunately the difference in seemingly small factors like fuel, weather, and even the type of dyno might throw numbers off... therefore its really tough to compare nitty gritty dyno numbers

Old 12-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
What your seeing on the dyno sheets are the wheel numbers. Not whats at the crank which is what the tuners normally list.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in