JT exhaust just came!! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to bassplya38
JT exhaust just came!!

Hey just got my JT 3" exhaust from GS.

I was wondering the order all of the pieces go in or if someone has a diagram of what order they all fit together.

Once i get it on ill try and post a video but that all depends on the weather.

Thanks- Cody
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Saaboy Send a message via MSN to Saaboy
Woot!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
Elder

lay it out on the floor its obvious the order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

I know where the dp and mufflers go but the bended pieces are confusing, i just wanna get it layed out now so i know what order it goes in when i go to put it on
Old 12-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
Elder

i know, lay it all out ad by looking at what pieces are bent and where slits are to allow it to slip over its more obvious than you think. there should be a big bend in the back to go up over the axel tho.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
JK
Elder

you can also look at the little picture on Genuinesaab.com, it should be very easy to figure out.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Oh, you are going to love how that sounds.

If you get stuck, let me know. I can snap some pictures of mine.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Ok thanks guys, i think i can get it to work

And thank you palmer im glad to here you like how it sounds cause ive never heard it in person and im really anxious to get it on

I think im going to wait til tomarow cause its snowing
Old 12-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #9

If you have the time...and you do....spray the whole thing with two or seven coats of cold galvanizing compound....

It will help forestall the rust....

Enjoy the exhaust!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

were all anxious to get it on but tell us how the install goes, and the final product because i am looking into it w my vig
GS antiroll Bar
(and a kickass set of winters)
Old 12-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

So i went today to look at the Cold Galvanizing Compound and its only good up to 200 degrees so i think im going to spray the exhaust with clear high temp paint from an auto parts store instead.

Im pretty sure the exhaust gets over 200 degrees (correct me if im wrong)

So that is the plan, also after the holidays im going to try and get a lift at my dads work to put it on the car. After that ill get some good video of it in action (i wish the holidays were over so i can get it on )
Old 12-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #12
Elder

Most importantly what did you get, 2 muffler no cat? when you're putting it on there's really only one way it goes so it's pretty easy to figure out.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplya38 View Post
So i went today to look at the Cold Galvanizing Compound and its only good up to 200 degrees so i think im going to spray the exhaust with clear high temp paint from an auto parts store instead.

Im pretty sure the exhaust gets over 200 degrees (correct me if im wrong)

So that is the plan, also after the holidays im going to try and get a lift at my dads work to put it on the car. After that ill get some good video of it in action (i wish the holidays were over so i can get it on )
it could be 200 c and not f....

Old 12-30-2007, 06:41 AM   #14
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
it could be 200 c and not f....
No it was 200 degrees F

Another question i had was im going to change my O2 sensor at the same time so is there a different one i need to get because the exhaust is alot bigger (its a 3" turbo back 2 muffler, no cats) so will a regular O2 sensor from the auto parts store work fine or do i need to get a special one that doesnt throw codes
Old 12-30-2007, 06:51 AM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
You won't need a different O2. They all work the same.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:07 AM   #16
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
You won't need a different O2. They all work the same.
Ok thanks
Old 12-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplya38 View Post
No it was 200 degrees F

Another question i had was im going to change my O2 sensor at the same time so is there a different one i need to get because the exhaust is alot bigger (its a 3" turbo back 2 muffler, no cats) so will a regular O2 sensor from the auto parts store work fine or do i need to get a special one that doesnt throw codes
What software are you running? I'd get a mechanical cel eliminator, they basically pull the rear o2 out of the exhaust stream so it doesn't throw a code. Its only use anyways is to check the efficiency of the cat.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:23 PM   #18
Avid TSL User

im not running any software i hope that wont be a problem

and yes i will need to get the rear O2 sensor figured out cause on the new exhaust theres no place to put one in

Theres only a couple tuning places by where i live, is there anything i could order? or do so it doesnt throw a cell cause my new exhaust also has no cats
Old 12-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #19
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
You don't need new software just to run a 3inch exhaust however it pairs up very nicely with one . You'd need a rear o2 simulator to emulate the rear o2 signal to get by with no cat and no cel. Otherwise you have to have a cat installed and a rear o2 bung welded on.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:55 AM   #20
Avid TSL User

Where do i find one of these rear O2 simulators?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in