Took some pics of my Saab today..... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 08:33 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Took some pics of my Saab today.....

I finally got a chance to wash my car so i decided to snap a couple new pics for you guys! What do u think so far, any ideas? Constructive criticism is welcome here!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2004, 08:43 AM   #2

Your car looks really sharp! I love convertibles... I like the european look with what you've done with the grill and lower body moldings. I especially like the seats you have! It looks like its going fast just sitting there.

The only criticism I have is about (of all things) the tailpipe. It looks like its just dangling there. Perhaps an oval tip a la Viggen or a discreet dual tip? Other than that, very clean.

Speaking of the seats in your car, what kind are they, where'd you get them and how much were they, if I may ask?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

those seats are very nice! what are they?

I see you are the chap with the saabcatalog kit that has been molded. I saw your car on SC many times but the pics are hard to see because they are too tiny on that site. It looks amazing! and I see you and I have the same style grill.... you must have good taste.

p.s. are those wheels 18"? and is your car lowered? any problems rubbing or anything?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 11-16-2004, 09:26 AM   #4
Elder

Yeah but he's using the 900NG grille with the same modification as you abdukted. I can't really comment on the "modified" kit since those pictures look like they came from a cell phone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:46 AM   #5

Quote:
The only criticism I have is about (of all things) the tailpipe. It looks like its just dangling there. Perhaps an oval tip a la Viggen or a discreet dual tip? Other than that, very clean.

Speaking of the seats in your car, what kind are they, where'd you get them and how much were they, if I may ask?
Thanks for the compliments Blue! As for the tail pipe i originally wanted the flat pipe but the Saab Catalog Kit has the oval cut out for the oem Saab Oval tip! It hangs about 1" below the oval cut out in the bumper so that it does not melt the bumper or harm the paint!

Quote:
those seats are very nice! what are they?
Wassup abdukted......Believe it or not those are my stock seats, I had an upholestry guy out here California custom make them for me! It was pretty cool watching him create these seats from the plain "flat" stock seats. He gave them life and a sportier look! He took some foam blocks and shaped them with one of those electric turkey knifes and then he glued them to the stock foam and then stitched the leather seats! I paid $300 for the leather on ebay and $450 for the labor to custom "foam" and stitch the leather! I guess you can say they are one of kind! They are very comfy, it feels as if the seat is huggin you from behind giving you the feeling of being locked in a cockpit! Im very happy with how they turned out! I posted a pic of the stock seat before the transformation, as you can see from the pic we already had chalked the seat pattern!

Yes those are 18x7.5 Axis Se7ens (custom drilled 5x110mm and powdercoated)
Using Vogtland springs that provide the 1.75" drop!
Old 11-16-2004, 11:05 AM   #6

Hey Blue, i dont think i answered your question...................ha! I have the Saab engraved OEM oval tip on there!

hey abducted post a pic of your grill!!!

here is the stock seat before it underwent the makeover!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:44 PM   #7

Tip, schmip! Those seats are where its at!

What a difference! How long did it take the guy to make your seats for you? That is better than what I was hoping (and expecting to never actually happen) to do for seats in my car. I wanted to get Viggen seats for my 9-3.

I've been in touch with an upholsterer here and they want something like $1100 per seat to do what you had done. When you were looking for leather on ebay, how did you search for it to get the right kind? I imagine that getting Saab specific leather isn't the easiest thing to come by. Any and all details regarding the process you went through to get those done would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 11-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #8
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasaabguy

hey abducted post a pic of your grill!!!
Here you go. like yours but a 9-3 grill.

you can't see it in these photos, but i also removed the black plastic "grid" and wing support behind the mesh so that the air can get in and hopefully provide some better underhood cooling.

gotta love a shiny black Saab. I see you also keep yours spotless, very nice!

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-16-2004, 04:31 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
car looks verrryy nice! get some better pics of the front lip and rear...cant see much with these fotos.....great job by the way!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:38 PM   #10
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Yea it definately looks good.

As for the tailpipe... I'm sure you won't have an issue with the way it looks after about a month or so

And as everyone else inidcated...those seats are off the hook. no need reiterating that.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 11-17-2004, 02:59 AM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
The car looks super clean ....and that two-tone on those seats really look good. Its subtle and not "after-marketish"; that's got to be the ultimate SAAB to own...convertable.

nice..
Old 11-17-2004, 09:58 AM   #12
Administrator
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to turbosb
Thats how I wish my vert looked . . . only comment I have is to upgrade to a better digital camera

Kyle
Old 11-17-2004, 10:43 AM   #13

Hey sorry guys about the pics..... I spent so much money on the car i cant afford a digital camera..

Quote:
I can't really comment on the "modified" kit since those pictures look like they came from a cell phone
Yup, these are from my crappy little camera phone! :P

Hmmm .....lets see JT 3" downpipe or nice digital camera phone for x- mas....................uhhhh downpipe
Old 03-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #14

Here are some recent pics of my saab with my new wheels! Im very happy with them!!!
They have exposed lugs and a sweet 2.5" machined lip.

Sorry took them with my camera phone!
I did purchase a nice digital cam but im waiting for the 256mb memory card! Should have some even nicer pics in a couple weeks! And i will definately have pics of the Saab meet that Steve is putting together in Redondo Beach!

WIll be installing the following as soon as it arrives:

MP 3" DP
MP Steering Rack Clamp & Brace
MP Subframe Brace

Also will be ordering every single powerflex bushing made for my car!

O yeah, if you guys are wondering whats sitting in the garage, its a 64 Impala SS! It is my first love, i bought it when i was 16yrs old inspired by Dr. Dre's Nuthin but a G thang music video! However its been sitting collecting dust while my Saab gets all the attention!
Old 03-08-2005, 09:49 AM   #15
Administrator
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to turbosb
DAMN!!!!!

Those are some nice rides. The wheels look good man, I can't wait for spring so I can put mine back on. Can't wait to see the pics with your new camera

Kyle
Old 03-08-2005, 09:53 AM   #16
Avid TSL User

That 64 is carazy! Did you buy it as is or did you install the hydrolics/ daytons/ gold trim? I cant help but smile every time I see a car like that. Talk about a California car. That is one great thing about Cali. You guys can afford to have beautiful cars without stressing about salt and crappy roads. I cant wait to get my Saab out of PA and back out west where it belongs.
Those wheels look great by the way. What are they? Did you have them custom drilled?
Old 03-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #17

Nice new wheels! Did you get your speedo recalibrated when you changed rim sizes?

That 64 is clean. Only ever seen one car with hydraulics and that was out in Hawaii. Looked like an early 70's Impala - freakin' HUGE car hopping down the aisle in a mall parking lot.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #18

Thanks for the compliments!!

Quote:
Did you buy it as is or did you install the hydrolics/ daytons/ gold trim?
I bought the 64 for $2700 bucks back in the mid 90's! It broke down like 3 times on the way home, it had only 1 ss hubcap, drivers seat only (missing the rest of the interior) it was a project! I have invested easily over $17k over the years on that car. Lowriding was my passion when i was younger, then i got into the tuner world! The car gets all kinds of looks when i take it out! I like when another guy in a lowrider rolls up next to me........i lock the car up and flash the chromed out undercarriage!!
So to answer your question i put everything you see on the car on, lots of $$$ and elbow grease!! Not too many people have the balls to take their "lowlows" out over here in Cali, too much of a risk of getting car jacked or just plain stolen!

Quote:
Those wheels look great by the way. What are they?
I bought these from a shop out in FL ....Lucca Wheels. They have a machine shop in the back of their wheel business. Wheels are custom drilled specific to the saab bolt pattern with a 42mm offset (18x7.5).

Quote:
Nice new wheels! Did you get your speedo recalibrated when you changed rim sizes?
This is my 3rd set of 18's never had an issue with getting the speedo recalibrated!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #19

The new 256k digital card is in for my new SD200 Canon!!! HEres the first pic how appropriate!!!!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:18 AM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Very nice!! Swede on Swede action going on there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in